Sensatron bilge switch.

The Commodore

Featured Posts

I have a problem with a Sensatron Water Witch bilge switch, "the switches have a electronic sensor switch that automatically detect water in your bilge", so the description says. Mine had a bad connection on the connection block, remade the connection and rather than put it back i decided to hook it up and make sure all was well.

On initial hook up the pump would run for around 10 seconds without any sign of water, i put this down to maybe the electronics setting themselves. I then added water to the bucket, passed the sensors and eventually filled the bucket, no pump! as there are no working parts i wonder if there is anything i can do or is it for the bin ?

I have a problem with a Sensatron Water Witch bilge switch, "the switches have a electronic sensor switch that automatically detect water in your bilge", so the description says. Mine had a bad connection on the connection block, remade the connection and rather than put it back i decided to hook it up and make sure all was well.

On initial hook up the pump would run for around 10 seconds without any sign of water, i put this down to maybe the electronics setting themselves. I then added water to the bucket, passed the sensors and eventually filled the bucket, no pump! as there are no working parts i wonder if there is anything i can do or is it for the bin ?

You are the second person that I have encountered with this problem in the space of a week. IIRC the sensors were corroded on the other persons pump.

Edited by Guest

Isn't it supposed to work using the conductivity of the water to make the circuit?

Don't see how that could work. The water is in contact with the hull and is therefore 'tied' to the negative bus.

Tony

Edited by WotEver

Don't see how that could work. The water is in contact with the hull and is therefore 'tied' to the negative bus.

Tony

Some level sensors work by capacitance. The liquid acts as the electrolyte between two plates.

Richard