Pontcysyllte aqueduct & Llangollen canal

Featured Posts

One of my

"fifty things to do before I die"

is to cross the Pontcysyllte aqueduct and we are planning a late canal hol next year to do this.

Can any one recommend a good Llangollen canal hire company (Preferably based on personal experience). Only need a 2/4 berth.

Many thanks,

One of my

is to cross the Pontcysyllte aqueduct and we are planning a late canal hol next year to do this.

Can any one recommend a good Llangollen canal hire company (Preferably based on personal experience). Only need a 2/4 berth.

Many thanks,

yes ring Black prince at chirk marina on 01691 774558 . all the best BOB.

One of my

Many thanks,

yes. ring blackprince on 01691 774558 at chirk marina . all the best BOB

I hired twice from Viking Afloat at Whitchurch some years back and was very happy with them - of course that was before they came under the Alvechurch banner, so can't vouch for sure now.

Peter

We too hired from Viking Afloat at Whitchurch when we did the LLang a few years ago. No complaints. Not sure if they still do but at the time they took Tesco Clubcard Vouchers as payment which meant we had a £1000 hire holiday for £250 clubcard vouchers! Sweet

We too hired from Viking Afloat at Whitchurch when we did the LLang a few years ago. No complaints. Not sure if they still do but at the time they took Tesco Clubcard Vouchers as payment which meant we had a £1000 hire holiday for £250 clubcard vouchers! Sweet

Ange,

I thought only Cynthia took vouchers :lol:

Ax

One of my

Many thanks,

My wife and I would definitely recommend Viking afloat.

We used them time and again after trying other firms in the area prior to buying our own boat.

Nice easy weeks cruise to aqueduct and back

This is one of those horrible moments when I know there's a joke there but don't get it :lol:

Not at all - it was an attempt to be funny but when I re-read it it didn't come across in the way intended and just sounded a bit @rsey so I deleted it.

One of my

Many thanks,

What are the other 49?

my son bought me a book last Christmas "25 places to see before you die" I had seen about 12 of them allready and have started working my way through the rest. As 2 of them are in India I am off to there for 3 months in January, the next one for winter 2011 is in South america.

Not at all - it was an attempt to be funny but when I re-read it it didn't come across in the way intended and just sounded a bit @rsey so I deleted it.

Ah - I thought there was some significance to the symbol you left that had gone over my head! :lol:

Ah - I thought there was some significance to the symbol you left that had gone over my head! :lol:

Hi Ange - symbol chosen at random honest injun.

Kinds regards -

MJG (AKA Dan Brown :lol::lol: )

We used Viking earlier this year (tesco vouchers as has been mentioned). All I can say is I definately would NOT use them again. The boat was very dirty, and not from just having not been cleaned a couple of times. By comparison the Anglo Welsh boats out of Trevor looked nice as did some of the other hire boats Alvechurch from Wrenbury?