One of those .."oh nooo moment"

kiki

Featured Posts

Those of us livaboards might agree that one does let standards slip slightly over the years, at least we do become a bit more basic, down to earth and less shy about things....well I have OK.

We can happily sit around discussing the pumpout/cassette situation in our dressing gowns, with a cup of tea, or have one of our fellow boaters (you know who you are) taking my washing down in the rain, which included my Tesco Value knickers....

However this morning pretty much took the cake.

I decided, as one does, to do a whole facepack beautifying thing, as ladies of a certain age need . So there I was, in the notorious grey flannel dressing gown, my hair in a shower cap and a bright blue facepack on and ...oh dear, the lekky card has just run out" - so I sneak a look outside the window, and being 5.30 in the morning, dont see anyone in the dark, quick dash up the stairs and start running down the mooring.

OMG the security lights come on and shine straight on this gigantic Smurf......who then spots on the opposite side of the canal, the entire blooming Village Hotel Gym Running Club jogging very very slowly past...with bemused expressions on their faces.

All I can say was thank goodness I had the swiftness of thought to dive behind Mr jinks and pray that they would just go away.

Can't think how much lower I could sink that that :lol:

Those of us livaboards might agree that one does let standards slip slightly over the years, at least we do become a bit more basic, down to earth and less shy about things....well I have OK.

We can happily sit around discussing the pumpout/cassette situation in our dressing gowns, with a cup of tea, or have one of our fellow boaters (you know who you are) taking my washing down in the rain, which included my Tesco Value knickers....

However this morning pretty much took the cake.

I decided, as one does, to do a whole facepack beautifying thing, as ladies of a certain age need . So there I was, in the notorious grey flannel dressing gown, my hair in a shower cap and a bright blue facepack on and ...oh dear, the lekky card has just run out" - so I sneak a look outside the window, and being 5.30 in the morning, dont see anyone in the dark, quick dash up the stairs and start running down the mooring.

OMG the security lights come on and shine straight on this gigantic Smurf......who then spots on the opposite side of the canal, the entire blooming Village Hotel Gym Running Club jogging very very slowly past...with bemused expressions on their faces.

All I can say was thank goodness I had the swiftness of thought to dive behind Mr jinks and pray that they would just go away.

Can't think how much lower I could sink that that :lol:

I can.

I train with a running group using mainly footpaths and back lanes over the summer period.

We regularly come across couples in cars actually at it (!) which gives us a laugh.

(For information we use the area around Strelley/Cossall bounded by the Erewash and old Nottingham canals)

A more unusual incident was when we came across a bloke threatening to jump from the railings of a bridge over the M1. Subsequently we met several police cars who couldn't get down the track to the bridge although they could access where he would have landed.

Eventually after 2 hours of static M1 he came down.

Letting a fellow boater take your Tesco value knickers down in the rain is pretty close to the mark.

OMG I just realised that sounds terrible, they were on the washing line at the time and yes I had a different pair on. :lol:

With any luck, they probably thought that you were Dave....

A more unusual incident was when we came across a bloke threatening to jump from the railings of a bridge over the M1. Subsequently we met several police cars who couldn't get down the track to the bridge although they could access where he would have landed.

Eventually after 2 hours of static M1 he came down.

With a thud?

:lol: