Zooooom

Speedwheel

Featured Posts

nonsense , lets put the boot in.

Sure she once said she would never go backwards from where she was , if she has now aquired a criminal record and a certain notoriaty in her community i would venture that is most definitly a big step backwards.

twenty five yrs old and falling fast.

You know, I'm really not sure that you can call a fine from BW a "criminal record".

Richard

Want to look up the law on Libel while you are feeling jubilant?

You know, I'm really not sure that you can call a fine from BW a "criminal record".

Not sure !

I'd be interested in whether being tried and found guilty in a magistrates court equates to a "criminal record" in legal terms - I would rather have assumed it did, particularly when you consider advertising like "get a TV license or get a criminal record", but what do I know ?

Whatever the official position, we are not exactly in "overdue library book fine" territory are we ? Unless talk of "arrested" is journalistic licence. :lol:

Phylis is an entertainment, for sure, but as she has in recent posts been lecturing newbies on how one behaves on the waterways, I can't help feeling she rather deserves most of the flak coming her way. I now expect to get ravaged by her fan club!

Edited by alan_fincher

Aren't you the founder and secretary of her fan club?

Aw shucks - you have me sussed!

Sadly though we have not collected nearly enough in membership fees to be able to pay her fine for her...........................

Not sure !

I'd be interested in whether being tried and found guilty in a magistrates court equates to a "criminal record" in legal terms - I would rather have assumed it did, particularly when you consider advertising like "get a TV license or get a criminal record", but what do I know ?

Whatever the official position, we are not exactly in "overdue library book fine" territory are we ? Unless talk of "arrested" is journalistic licence. :lol:

Phylis is an entertainment, for sure, but as she has in recent posts been lecturing newbies on how one behaves on the waterways, I can't help feeling she rather deserves most of the flak coming her way. I now expect to get ravaged by her fan club!

Go on then, you like to understand and explore technical details. Guilty of breaking BW bye-laws= Criminal record. Can you explain to me if this is true? Is it a Criminal or a civil matter?

And could you point me to the article about arrest please as that isn't in that particular NBW article.

Richard

No, I'm not condoning speeding or inconsiderate boating, I'm not supporting pillorying or witch-hunts either.

Go on then, you like to understand and explore technical details. Guilty of breaking BW bye-laws= Criminal record. Can you explain to me if this is true? Is it a Criminal or a civil matter?

As I tried to indicate, I have genuinely no idea - I'm intrigued and am rather hoping that someone with some real legal knowledge can enlighten us about being found guilty of which misdemeanours constitute a "criminal record", and which do not.

As an aside, I guess I'm rather surprised that the only way BW can get "satisfaction" in such a matter is by it being taken to court. With other things in life there is often the option to put your hands up and say "fair cop", and to pay a fine or take some other forfeit, (e.g. motoring penalty points), without the courts being involved.

It does seem rather a strange use of court time to me, unless it can't be handled any other way.

And could you point me to the article about arrest please as that isn't in that particular NBW article.

This was the other link posted.....

"This is Lincolnshire" Link

No, I'm not condoning speeding or inconsiderate boating, I'm not supporting pillorying or witch-hunts either.

No, nor am I, and Gaggle will always be Gaggle, but as there are articles talking of arrest and a court case, even if "criminal record" is not technically correct in such a case, I can kind of see why he has used the language he has. It is a fact of life in this country that if you do something that results in a court case it often gets reported, usually without protecting your identity, unless under age, and an adult can hardly be surprised if such behaviour provokes further robust discussion.

I'd be interested in Rachel/Phylis' slant on this, as although I thought the original, (now deleted) thread referred to the Police, I don't actually recall any discussion of "arrest" which does seem a bit dramatic, given the offence.

<snip>

I'd be interested in Rachel/Phylis' slant on this, as although I thought the original, (now deleted) thread referred to the Police, I don't actually recall any discussion of "arrest" which does seem a bit dramatic, given the offence.

I don't have a joint "slant" with Phylis. I have never met her or spoken with her, nor formulated a joint story on any subject. We are both individual members of this forum, as you are.

If you were trying to "plot" people on some kind of map of opinion and attitude, you would currently find me fairly near to you. I'm curious about the facts of this case. I don't like to see people treated unfairly. You can say anything you like about someone as long as it is true and approprate to do so.

Richard

I appreciate that no malice is intended here but it seems to me that the culprit has already been properly tried, convicted and punished in a court of law. Therefore, I really don't think anything more can be gained through some of the comments being made in this topic so I am closing it and will move it to the archives in due course.