Honda 1.0 EUi Generator

buggsy

Featured Posts

Hi,

i have a hardly used Honda 1.0 EUi generator and before i put it in for repair i was wondering if any one has had a similar problem. I think i ran the oil a little low but all was ok until i carried from my boat approx 100 yards to help a guy at my mooring. It failed to start and there seemed to be petrol in in the oil. I have sinced changed the oil and now it starts ok but now when under load it smokes very bad from the exhaust. The smoke is white/blue.

Any ideas????

cheers,

Steve

i know it sounds daft, is there any chance you have put too much engine oil in it?

edited to add

just another thought, you/somebody hasnt inadvertently put diesel in the fuel tank? seens this more than once - on cars and motorcycles, not on a little genny but there is a first time for everything!

cheers

gaz

Edited by gazza

i know it sounds daft, is there any chance you have put too much engine oil in it?

Hi Gazza,

thats what i thought but the oil level is well down towards half full and i thought if i had it running on fast it would burn off any oil but it smokes very badly under load but ok when ticking over. The smoke i can cope with but oil is misting over place

cheers,

Steve

Hi,

i have a hardly used Honda 1.0 EUi generator and before i put it in for repair i was wondering if any one has had a similar problem. I think i ran the oil a little low but all was ok until i carried from my boat approx 100 yards to help a guy at my mooring. It failed to start and there seemed to be petrol in in the oil. I have sinced changed the oil and now it starts ok but now when under load it smokes very bad from the exhaust. The smoke is white/blue.

Any ideas????

cheers,

Steve

No experience of your model but I did a nut and bolt rebuild on a ex 1000 last winter that was smoking badly.

Had to re-ring it.

I think the engine side will be similar.

First thing I would do is take the plug out and being careful of the HT lead end, turn the engine over using the recoil starter several times to expell any oil in the cylinder from the spark plug hole.

If you have or can borrow a compression gauge the reading according to the workshop manual I have for a simiar model should be about 60psi.

If it never gets to that and still puts out oil mist from the spark plug hole it would seem like a ring has gone.

As Gazza has suggested you seem to have checked the oil levels and fuel for contamination.

So in my opinion the only way oil can be in the combustion chamber would be to have leaked past the rings or if someone has tipped it badly, its got in through the valve camber when the inlet port was open but this would not be an ongoing condition.

Warranty?

Peter

Did the guy you helped offer his petrol which may have been already mixed for a 2 stroke genny?

Just a thought..

Not a bad thought.

- Wouldnt do it soo much harm i wouldnt expect, but would produce very visable smoking. (simular to that of, a two stoke!)

Certianly an new ish (or any age) honda genny should not be smoking or spitting oil, be it an older EX model like ours or peters or a newer EUi model, which as said proberbly actaully has a simular engine although the electrical size is radically diffrent as the EU's are inverter based.

Daniel