Foam/seat suppliers

woodfin

Featured Posts

It's often better to go to these places in person, so some clue about your location might get some helpful suggestions.

We know one in Hertfordshire, but I think contact would have to be over the counter - I don't think mail order would be a possibility.

It's often better to go to these places in person, so some clue about your location might get some helpful suggestions.

We know one in Hertfordshire, but I think contact would have to be over the counter - I don't think mail order would be a possibility.

My mooring is near Rugby.

George

Edited by woodfin

The upholstery in my boat needs replacing. Can anyone recommend a good supplier?

George

I am not sure whether you need completely new cushions, or just the foam, but I used these people a couple of years ago to supply new foam for my boat cushions and they were excellent, very competitive price, lots of helpful advice about measuring, and quick delivery.

http://www.acefoam.co.uk/index.html

Edited by David Schweizer

We live in Hertfordshire, who was this please

The upholstery in my boat needs replacing. Can anyone recommend a good supplier?

We used these people and found them to be first class:

http://www.cbscc.co.uk/

They operate a great system - they send you fabric samples so that you can choose what you want.

Then you pay a deposit and they send you the labels and packaging so that you can wrap up your existing seats - they then organise a courier to pick them up on a mutually convenient date - they will have scheduled a slot for the work usually a few weeks away depending on work load - when the seats are ready, you pay the balance and the courier delivers them to you. We found the service and workmanship excellent.

We live in Hertfordshire, who was this please

The Upholstery Workshop, in Watford.

Details here.....

Lisk to shop web site.

A bit of a strange operation, that was a year or two back really only geared up to you going there and discussing requirements, (no Internet ordering).

He made us cushions for our seating convertible to sleeping berths, and it was spot on.

It is also proving very hard wearing.

If it is just foam you need, the best place I found was Ikea!

I bought a double mattress which I could then cut up (using an electric carving knife or just an ordinary saw).

The foam was 5 inches thick and was in two layers on different density foam. Much better quality than I could find elsewhere for the price.

The cover came in useful too.

I did get some funny looks in the car park of Ikea sawing a mattress in half to get it in a Ford Fiesta.

If you need the covers as well, make sure you have married someone with a sewing machine!