How do you get your post?

Smelly

How do you receive your mail?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. If you want to suggest me up alternatives please do!

• PO Box/MBE
    • Resi Mooring with post box
    • Mate/partner/kids/parents c/o
    • work
    • BW office
    • still own property on land

Featured Posts

yeah but now Ange is simply compelled to vote! :lol:

Ow - I've been cross threaded :lol:

Vote duly cast - our post goes to Dave's mum & dad and they forward it - at the moment to my mum & dad cos we're moored near them, but in future we'll get them to forward it to the nearest Post Office.

There ya go, voted! But I'm intrigued to know what the 'good cause' is that we're voting on behalf of?

Well I could tell you but I'd have to kill you... Work stuff is all i can say!

Thank you all... Keep 'em coming.

I hope to keep this rolling 'til early Sept so the passers by can chip in as well.

Dan

Previous (but one) marina was fine for post so everything went there. In fact I bet I still have some going there :lol:

Hmmm... interesting!! Did it have residential planning permission i wonder?

Hmmm... interesting!! Did it have residential planning permission i wonder?

Actually "marina" is far too posh a name :lol: It was actually a working boat yard with moorings. I was allowed to be there full time and there were different mooring fees for those that weren't. Although I guess that still doesn't answer the question to whether it had resi planning permission...

Interesting you see MBE and PO box as the one and same, they have a number of significant differences, guess it's down to whyever you need the poll.

True, and I could have said "collection service" or similar but I think it conveys what i need it to convey.

As to purposes... It's quite important that this is blind as then, however small (or hopefully large) the sample at least it's truly representative.

This forum could be a really good way of collating data and the way this is going I'm really chuffed so will say thank you all once again but keep 'em coming.

• 2 weeks later...

When I say I get mail c/o a mate, that doesn't explain how I get it! We use a friend's address as our mailing address, but then that has to be sent on to us. Thanks to email we can be advised what has arrived and decide on the urgency of receiving it. When we need some of it we choose between another friend (and various have been been extremely helpful, even driving to our current mooring when necessary) or a Post Office - Post Restante, or a boatyard. So far it's worked well. Only once did a package not arrive at the PO (PR) and not get returned after the statutory 2 weeks.

You always need to ring the PO in advance to check they will receive mail Post Restante - some refuse.

• 4 weeks later...

Hope my contribution was still useful.

We get ours through a variety of methods.

Our mooring doesn't have an address, not yet anyway, we're working on it!

Banks and other boring stuff are all registered to my mum's address in Devon. She then forwards it on either to my work or FadeToScarlet's work, depending on which is best. Some mail comes directly to my work eg parcels and one off deliveries. My work address is nice because it can be adjusted to sound like a residential address if need be.

Hope my contribution was still useful.

ALL contributions are useful on this one so thank you again. I hope I will gain consent to provide some basic facts that won't breach any confidences soon but it needs to wait til Saturday...