narrowboat tv

gaggle

Featured Posts

just seen advert for series on discovery real time channel.

one mans dream to live aboard narrowboat.looks like he is going to find old boat do it up and live on it.

it does not say if it is a repeat showing or if it is new series, just that it is coming soon.

if like me you know zilch it might be educating.

does anyone know if it is new show or old one being shown again and is it worth watching?

Edited by gaggle

just seen advert for series on discovery real time channel.

one mans dream to live aboard narrowboat.looks like he is going to find old boat do it up and live on it.

it does not say if it is a repeat showing or if it is new series, just that it is coming soon.

if like me you know zilch it might be educating.

does anyone know if it is new show or old one being shown again and is it worth watching?

29210[/snapback]

As Carrie observed, filming was taking place at IWA rally at Preston Brook for new Discovery series starting in September - regret cannot recall start date. They were on ex GUCC working boat "Dover" when I passed them.

Neil

As Carrie observed, filming was taking place at IWA rally at Preston Brook for new Discovery series starting in September - regret cannot recall start date.  They were on ex GUCC working boat "Dover" when I passed them.

Yeah, the boat was down as being owned my "i2i tellyvision"

And googling that comes up with there website www.i2itelevision.com

"i2i Television currently have a 70ft Narrow Boat in their back garden which is the star of a new series called?erm??Narrow Boat? The boat, called Dover, arrived in a sorry looking state, but after Alan Herd and his team have finished working on her, she will be ready to float her way down the English canals again fully restored back to her former glory. Narrow Boat will be broadcast on Discovery Real Time later in the year." (from website)

Daniel

that must be it then,going by what is shown in the trailer i imagine they are going to show the hows and wherefores of the refit start to finish.the boat they are showing in the trailer does look a right mess.

There is somthing on at 9pm on Wednesday 14 September on Discovery about Narrowboats,

Sorry not sure what but I saw it at Preston Brook and put it in my diary.

29397[/snapback]

Emailed Discovery Real Time to ask when the series would start, and they say it's September 14 at 2130.

old series called travelling man filmed on bridgewater canal,it was about a man searching for his lost-missing son.each episode saw him progressing along the bridgewater.

all this i heard on radio merseyside 7sept and why it was being discussed i dont know,anyone know if it is being repeated.

i am waiting to phone the a-team at merseyside later today to ask for more info.

also i read on uk.rec.waterways that granada television are looking for people on the northwest canals who would like to take part in new series all about life on the cut.it is not restricted to boaters so if anyone is looking to have five minutes of fame the contact details are there on the newsgroup.

it is to be about shown on granada and only granada land canals will be featured from what i could see. the resurgance of the canals is gathering pace it seems,this new programme might send another thousand out to buy their first boat.gaggle