water pump

Featured Posts

right folks after many fruitless attempts to get my water pump working correct(including shouting at it and singing to it) Ive conceded i need new one now the question is who makes a quiet one, the only silent one ive ever seen was i`m sorry to say American ,

So who out there has a quiet pump?

right folks after many fruitless attempts to get my water pump working correct(including shouting at it and singing to it) Ive conceded i need new one now the question is who makes a quiet one, the only silent one ive ever seen was i`m sorry to say American ,

So who out there has a quiet pump?

There's no such thing as a silent pump. I don't know who makes the quietest but I've heard that Jabsco are quieter than Sureflow.

Make sure the pump isn't solidly coupled to its mountings - mount it on a floating piece of ply and then lay that on some foam sheet. The water connections should be flexible hose not rigid plastic pipe.

Also consider some sound insulation around the pump..

Edited by blackrose

There's no such thing as a silent pump. I don't know who makes the quietest but I've heard that Jabsco are quieter than Sureflow.

Our variable-speed pump is advertised as being 'silent' - and it's certainly not.

Flat out, it's about the same as the old type one it replaced, whilst admittedly at low speed if you're just after a glass of water, rather than a bath full, then it *is* fairly quiet - but certainly not silent.

I seem to remember ours is a Jabsco SensorMax, in one of the 20L/min high-flow categories.

PC

Make sure the pump isn't solidly coupled to its mountings - mount it on a floating piece of ply and then lay that on some foam sheet. The water connections should be flexible hose not rigid plastic pipe.

Also consider some sound insulation around the pump..

Good advice. (I was going to say 'sound advice' but thought better of it...)

Hey ive managed to cure the problem(the pressure switch was Kaput).

Ive put an inline pressure switch from screw fix(£18) and set it to 1.8 bar and this has made the pump a lot quieter ,shower tower still kicks out plenty of power too so a bonus