No Boats

Mac of Cygnet

Featured Posts

Just come back down the Little Ouse (Brandon Creek) from Brandon. Beautiful river frontage, two EA and one GOBA moorings, but no boats (apart from a small RIB with a large (in every sense) family on board). No little cruisers moored in odd corners, no narrowboats at the bottom of peoples gardens, just nothing. Why? Am I missing something, apart from neighbours?

Mac

Just come back down the Little Ouse (Brandon Creek) from Brandon. Beautiful river frontage, two EA and one GOBA moorings, but no boats (apart from a small RIB with a large (in every sense) family on board). No little cruisers moored in odd corners, no narrowboats at the bottom of peoples gardens, just nothing. Why? Am I missing something, apart from neighbours?

Mac

Shhhhhhh!!, don't tell anyone Mac, they'll all want to come here, then it will be just like the canals.

Our residential mooring is between Cambridge and Ely on th River Cam, and even here, there have only been four boats past this morning. There are always a lot of plastic boats at the weekend, within an hour of their home base, and the odd flurry of Bridge Boats hire craft at the beginning and end of the week, but apart from that, generally pretty quiet.

Roger

Mac

Presumably, you'd have to negociate with the EA to obtain mooring rights alongside the river- maybe the process is massively complex, or the EA don't want to give over riparian rights?

have to also say that after just comming down the nene and ouze i was shocked at how little boats there were, it was very quiet indeed, infact we only passed 2 boats that were moving in 3 days.

but get on the canal and its like the m25 on a monday morning at 8am.

weird really but the rivers have so much to see, also the water is lovely and clear.

only thing is the weed, i was forever hitting reverse for 5 secs to clear a load of weed!!! frustrating but a lovley visit none the less