Lister SRW3 questions

Featured Posts

Firstly is this the right model designation? It's a water cooled SR 3 cylinder so i am guessing SRW3.

Anyway, the question is; this engine, acquired in an uninstalled state, has 4 water inlet/outlets, how are they connected up? I can probably get some pictures if this is not familiar to someone.

Another question is; does anyone know where my friend can get a manual for this engine? or does anyone have a manual that could be copied?

thanks for any help

Firstly is this the right model designation? It's a water cooled SR 3 cylinder so i am guessing SRW3.

Anyway, the question is; this engine, acquired in an uninstalled state, has 4 water inlet/outlets, how are they connected up? I can probably get some pictures if this is not familiar to someone.

Another question is; does anyone know where my friend can get a manual for this engine? or does anyone have a manual that could be copied?

thanks for any help

SRW3 would sound right to me for a water cooled version of an SR3.

That said, I've never heard of one, although I'm no expert.

The later ST models did definitely have a STW water cooled variant though - is there any chance it's not an SRW but an STW ?

thanks for any help

Firstly there is no such model as a SRW3 built by Listers, the water cooled version of the SR range was only made in two cylinders and marketed as a SW2

The ST range was also offered in a 2 or 3 cylinder water cooled version this was marketed as a STW 2 or 3

Best thing would be to send me some photos of the engine and or remove one of the rocker covers and let me have the casting numbers off the head

regards

Chris

I have a hw2 and i had a few probs trying to find out if it is what it says on the tin,(there was a engine No plate for a differant engine in the engine room).I got in touch with marine engine services and gave them the casting No off the head,thay are BRILL,didn't try and flogg me stuff just told me what i needed to know.

ps

lister did a hw3.