epifanes paints

Featured Posts

Has anyone had the pleasure of using EPIFANES paints on their narrowboat or are they mainly for fibreglass and does the drying time really take 24 hours,any info would be gladly received,cheers shorty

Try talking to Norman Millar at Millar Marine in Shardlow - he stocks it and has a lot background knowledge of most things he sells.

Try talking to Norman Millar at Millar Marine in Shardlow - he stocks it and has a lot background knowledge of most things he sells.

I can vouch for that. I went to Millar Marine and spoke to Norman about paint for the roof of my narrowboat (steel). He recommended Epiphanes to recoat over the anti-slip material that was already on there. It was touch dry quite quickly on the day (not cold weather) that I used it. I assume the 24hr quote is for the paint to reach a reasonable durability. No doubt someone will tell me otherwise. :lol:

I can vouch for that. I went to Millar Marine and spoke to Norman about paint for the roof of my narrowboat (steel). He recommended Epiphanes to recoat over the anti-slip material that was already on there. It was touch dry quite quickly on the day (not cold weather) that I used it. I assume the 24hr quote is for the paint to reach a reasonable durability. No doubt someone will tell me otherwise. :lol:

Did the paint cover well. Would someone selling the paint praise it anyway, would you get unbiased opinions.

we've used it on several boats, and found it really good, covers well, good finish, and, so far, durable. Millar Marine sell all different paint makes, so can't really be called biased! Norman speaks as he finds about such things, he has a reputation to uphold.

Has anyone had the pleasure of using EPIFANES paints on their narrowboat or are they mainly for fibreglass and does the drying time really take 24 hours,any info would be gladly received,cheers shorty

The trip boat The Southern Comfort is 32ton with a catamaran hull and an upper deck, styled on a old tme paddle steamer, most material in her is steel. She comes out of the river every year around November to be repainted and anti-fouled. I am aquainted with the skipper who assures me Epifanes is a damn good paint

Whilst some may say I am biased since I sell it, I have used it on my own boat and in my opinion it is a very good paint (not as good as Masons, but better than International Toplac).

One problem I came across was that it goes touch-dry a little too quickly, but that can be improved by using Owatrol paint additive (this helps in a lot of ways)

The 24 hours time quoted is the time you should leave it before painting another coat. It is hard in a few hours.

IMG_0663.jpg

It`s good stuff - different way of building up the coats than our Craftmaster or others but the end result on the jobs Ive seen where it`s been used have generally been fine. I know their UK distributors and we get on well at shows and so on. We`ve even helped each other set our stands up on the odd occasion. The old rule applies though. A good painter using one paint will do a better job than a bad painter using another paint. Comparisons are useless unless all factors coincide. That`s why you will hear the same paint being praised to the skies one minute and slagged off by somebody else the next. If you know what you are doing all the best known paints in our market will give you a pleasing result. Longevity will vary - but so will the price, so will the diligence of the boat owner with regard to paint maintenance and so will the weather.

They are all extemely significant.

Phil