Carrie~Lou is going cruising!

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

I hope you admired Tawny Owl's empty mooring at the top of Hatton Locks.

Richard

Yes I stopped and looked at that place - there is a very select and carefully chosen variety of nettles on the embankment there. :lol:

I did think to myself - why does that name ring a bell with me? I decided the boat that would normally be moored there would be a Mick Seivewright owl class boat in a shade of tawn!

So - where is Tawny Owl then?

Yes I stopped and looked at that place - there is a very select and carefully chosen variety of nettles on the embankment there. :lol:

I did think to myself - why does that name ring a bell with me? I decided the boat that would normally be moored there would be a Mick Seivewright owl class boat in a shade of tawn!

So - where is Tawny Owl then?

Copt Heath Wharf, poised ready to spring into action for the BCN challenge.

Richard

The nettles match the one growing in our rear fender...

Carrie~Lou is now moored in (what was) a delightful secluded bit of countryside just outside of Leamington Spa. Her pantry and wine cellar has been restocked at Lidl a while back. The mooring was delightfully secluded when we tied up but we now have a hire boat that decided THE place to moor along the wonderful deserted stretch was 10ft in front of us!

The upshot of all this is that due to the restorative effects of Vacqueryas Rose cannot wait for the 20 odd locks tomorrow and the chuntering has stopped - a major miracle! There are real plus points of the natural world

1 Vacqueyas and......

2 It's dark so Rose can't see the boat in front!

edited because of 1!

Edited by Postcode

Now then - about Mr Mole's post - I don't think that was a direct quote of my text - I know I was chuntering no actually on the point of fuming at one point when I text him but I don't think I ever used the term pillock did I? - oh please God - I really hope I did not call that lovely chap on the boat that spent most of Hatton flight a few locks ahead of us a pillock!! Neil on Silver Sun (former anglo welsh boat) is actually a cracking chap who is likely to be a new member of the forum very soon so if he is reading this please accept my apologies if I was chuntering at you for not waiting for us! I think he was actually chuntering at us for taking so flippin long that we did not catch up with him.

No, you were chuntering about the situation but never actually used the term "pillock", it was I that read between the lines and applied that nomenclature, apologies to Neil on Silver Sun and I'm glad things worked out alright in the end.

Vacqueryas Rose

Rose I know the bottle has gone by now, but was that the "Vacqueras" in Provence?

We're off there for their Bastille Day "Fete du Vins".

Really looking forward to it.

David

Rose I know the bottle has gone by now, but was that the "Vacqueras" in Provence?

We're off there for their Bastille Day "Fete du Vins".

Really looking forward to it.

David

Hi David - thanks to the fact that BW do not feel inclined to provide recycling bins along the canal :lol: the bottle is still right here!

Yes that is the Vacqueras in Provence - I will be going to Provence in August for the first time and I am looking forward to it very much. Dave is a regular visitor to the region (well at least once a year) and he says you will love it.

You must try the Rasteau, the Seguret, The Baumes de Venise, The Gigondas, The Cairanne etc etc etc. The Gigondas and Vacqueras can usually be relibable but the others will depend on the year - oh and the Muscat Mont Ventoux he has just remembered :lol:

Have fun! Hic! :lol:

But more to the point - do I have to be careful about commenting on The Apprentice tonight? Certainly don't want a repeat of last week!! :lol:

Please listen very very carefully Don't mention The Apprentice!!!!

- we can only get channel 5 where we are moored - we will probably try and catch up tomorrow but I never did see last weeks after you gave the game away!!

Today has been a lovely day - only one very short shower late afternoon. We have passed through some lovely countryside and its been a really gentle cruise (for a change!)

The hireboat that was spoiling the view by mooring 10' in front of us yesterday went early - but not before crashing down some metal hatch with a clatter and reving the engine so hard when they moved off I could feel the wash on our boat. Thankfully I was already up and it will take a lot more than that to disturb Dave.

We had a lovely pint of Broadside at The Two Boats at Long Itchington at lunchtime. We set off to head up the next batch of locks and found they were all in our favour :lol: when we got to the bottom lock of the Stockton flight of 8 there were a couple waiting at the first lock who advised they were all "our way" except for the bottom one which had leaked so badly it needed a paddle opening or they would have had the gate open for us when they saw us coming. We chatted to them as we made our way up the flight. They were more than happy to open of close a gate for us when required. Eric has recently taken ownership of his brand new boat which is moored at Willington. He is very soon to embark upon his continous cruise - single handed. Margaret will join him on occasions. Eric is well aware that he has also embarked upon a steep learning curve and we suggested he joined the forum to get advise along the way. Before we knew it we were at the top lock and we gave Eric & Margaret & lift back to the car park as the rain started. We said goodbye to them both but we could not believe how quickly we had got up the flight with a little bit of assistance and a lot of good company. I hope our paths will cross again sometime and will certainly be looking out for Erics boat Coco (Cocoa?) around the system.

We have once again managed to find a wonderful mooring in the middle of nowhere. We will have to press on with the trip tomorrow though - Napton is another 3 miles away and there are 3 locks between us and it. We have to get there for Friday - its going to be a rush!

I have to be extremely careful about what I post here as I must make sure I do not identify our exact location in case Carrie~Lou is spotted. We are having a lovely day (again) The modifications to the boat paintwork are continuing (slowly) and we are moored up very close to some very nice Black Sheep.