Bargain Boat

Liam

Featured Posts

Sorry to disagree with Liam, but in the current marketplace £25K for a part fitted 50 foot boat that is based on a shell not far off 20 years old doesn't sound any great bargain to me.

I've seen completed ones of that length and age at no more money.

Well to be fair I know it's advertised at £25k but sellers rarely get the full asking price for their boat.

I know it was built in 1997 (which makes it 12 Alan, not 20 :lol: ) but considering the price of new sailaways, it's not that bad.

Maybe the word "Bargain" was a bit keen!

Oopos. It was only REFITTED in 1997, the original build date is 1990, and as you say, would make the boat nearly 20.

Apologies for the mistake on my part Alan!

Sorry to disagree with Liam, but in the current marketplace £25K for a part fitted 50 foot boat that is based on a shell not far off 20 years old doesn't sound any great bargain to me.

I've seen completed ones of that length and age at no more money.

Are you interested in a part time job?

Well to be fair I know it's advertised at £25k but sellers rarely get the full asking price for their boat.

I know it was built in 1997 (which makes it 12 Alan, not 20 :lol: ) but considering the price of new sailaways, it's not that bad.

Maybe the word "Bargain" was a bit keen!

Oopos. It was only REFITTED in 1997, the original build date is 1990, and as you say, would make the boat nearly 20.

Apologies for the mistake on my part Alan!

20yrs old but made with proper steel, not the recycled/resmelted rubbish that a lot of the cheap builders are using these days. Ours was made by John White and when she was out for her survey a couple of experienced boaters [one an ex boat builder] commented on the high quality of the build and welding, they also thought that she had not had a blacking since launch, but even so, had very little pitting, they based their speculation on the underlying undercoat, or what was left of it.

Having seen a few of the newer boats on the slip since, I can now see how much better put together she is. No wavy lines and very little use of the grinder, unlike some of these newer ones.

Re: the partition midway across the window, I thought that looked a bit strange, but can't see why it shouldn't be OK though! Probably would have looked better if it was just a straight up post at the end with perhaps open shelves, dunno.

That bulkhead/partition looks odd. Looks like it's been built across the window, surely not.

Must be the way I'm seeing it... :lol:

I think you're right. If you look at the exterior shot there does appear to be a line down the middle of the window which could be a bulkhead.

Tony.