Trip Boat Work

Ray

Featured Posts

Apologies in advance if this post shouldn't have been made or should have been made elsewhere on the site.

The boatyard where I am moored are looking for a couple to join the team of helpers on two wide beam trip boats at least during the coming summer. One person must either hold a current Tier 2 Boatmaster’s licence or be prepared to obtained one by Easter this year to enable them to skipper the trip boats as required. The other person is also required for work on the trip boats. One or both people will be required to give joining instruction to hirers of two day boats and to clean the boats as required.

Trip Boat duties when not steering will include working locks, serving in the bar and pre-preparing food, such as teas and lunches. There will also be some cleaning of the trip boats together with general yard duties, which include some grass and hedge cutting and generally keeping the place tidy.

A mooring is available for a single boat.

Opportunities for work beyond the coming summer are undecided at present.

Please PM me as soon as possible if you are interested and I’ll pass your details on.

Besides mooring at the boatyard, I also work on the trip boats but they are the only associations that I have with the place i.e. I don’t own it!

I suspect that was a tongue in cheek comment, but to clarify things . . . . .

They don't necessarily do them all at the same time! I thought I ought to make it clear that they aren't one task jobs i.e. steerer can act as boat crew instead at times, and that there is other work available when the trip boats aren't running.

Apologies in advance if this post shouldn't have been made or should have been made elsewhere on the site.

The boatyard where I am moored are looking for a couple to join the team of helpers on two wide beam trip boats at least during the coming summer. One person must either hold a current Tier 2 Boatmaster’s licence or be prepared to obtained one by Easter this year to enable them to skipper the trip boats as required. The other person is also required for work on the trip boats. One or both people will be required to give joining instruction to hirers of two day boats and to clean the boats as required.

Trip Boat duties when not steering will include working locks, serving in the bar and pre-preparing food, such as teas and lunches. There will also be some cleaning of the trip boats together with general yard duties, which include some grass and hedge cutting and generally keeping the place tidy.

A mooring is available for a single boat.

Opportunities for work beyond the coming summer are undecided at present.

Please PM me as soon as possible if you are interested and I’ll pass your details on.

Besides mooring at the boatyard, I also work on the trip boats but they are the only associations that I have with the place i.e. I don’t own it!

Can I add something else please:

The preference for a couple was simply because there's only one mooring available.

If there are interested individuals who don't need a mooring then they can also contact me for further information.

Hope this helps/clarifies the situation.

If he's interested I can put him in touch with the owner. I believe someone has indicated an interest and has been offered a job but there are often options for people looking for part time work.