12 / 24v led lighting strip

Boaty Jo

Featured Posts

Voltage Range Vdc 20 to 32* for the 24v model would seem to say they would be OK.

* Optimum performance achieved at 24V.

They are only equivalent to 10 watt halogen, their words, but that should be adequate for under shelf lighting

Can't see why not, and both 12v and 24V version seem to be tolerant of the sort of voltages you might get if run whilst your engine is charging the batteries, without any additional regulator.

At over half a metre long, even for the shorter one, it would not fit under a small cupboard, so it depends what you have how good it will be size-wise.

Most of our main lights are only 10W halogen, which this is equivalent to, so this should be more than enough for your planned application.

Another plus point about how you plan to use, is that if it's under a cupboard, and the odd LED fails over time, you are probably not going to notice.

There's other strip on e-bay much better value @ 12 volt, you can also cut this strip every 5cm and in total under £10.00 per metre delivered. I haven't ordered this yet but was planning to fit under the gunwale throughout the boat, this stuff seems to have come down in price, as the last time I was looking I couldn't find it under a tenner per metre.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SuperAmazing-5M-SMD3...A1%7C240%3A1318

Yes, the voltage tolerance seems fine and even if the light is a bit stark we're having coloured tiles of some sort.

I did see those Julyanian and I agree that they seem ideal under a gunwale; the thing with the ones I saw is that they are in a weatherproof casing so should be ideal for a steamy kitchen when I'm exploding things!

I also came across these for a bit of ambient lighting; lighting steps / stairs for example: http://www.roadking.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=215

I did see those Julyanian and I agree that they seem ideal under a gunwale; the thing with the ones I saw is that they are in a weatherproof casing so should be ideal for a steamy kitchen when I'm exploding things!

Hi Jo

I see i wasn't clear on your specific requirements. I think there is strip available like i posted that is waterproof but twice the price of the strip i linked to. Seems you're possibly 24 volt also which can make some equipment pricier.