Wood supplies?

snaps

Featured Posts

Hello,

I am fitting out a boat and after doing the stove surround, plumbing in the back boiler ,Calorifier etc etc its time for some dreaded woodwork.

I am about to start building cupboards, and a bed? in the beadroom. The boat was supplied with Ash t & g paneling, and the usual ply roof. Where do you get the same ply wood, and can you get it already varnished? I am going to need some American Ash to match the rest of the boat, this will probably be a mixture of veneered and solid wood. Where can I get this from? In the North west, Boat is Near Northwich, Cheshire.

Cheers

Si

Hello,

I am fitting out a boat and after doing the stove surround, plumbing in the back boiler ,Calorifier etc etc its time for some dreaded woodwork.

I am about to start building cupboards, and a bed? in the beadroom. The boat was supplied with Ash t & g paneling, and the usual ply roof. Where do you get the same ply wood, and can you get it already varnished? I am going to need some American Ash to match the rest of the boat, this will probably be a mixture of veneered and solid wood. Where can I get this from? In the North west, Boat is Near Northwich, Cheshire.

Cheers

Si

Try Littlers in Northwich for the veneered ply.

Nearest for the solid timber might be Potters in Nantwich

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
Try Littlers in Northwich for the veneered ply.

Nearest for the solid timber might be Potters in Nantwich

Tim

Hi Tim,

Where's Littlers in Northwich? Is Potters the one near the farm machinery shop by the traffic lights?

Phil

Hi Tim,

Where's Littlers in Northwich? Is Potters the one near the farm machinery shop by the traffic lights?

Phil

Behind Marks & Spencer

I think the official address is something like 'Baron's Quay Sawmills'

Tim

Is Potters the one near the farm machinery shop by the traffic lights?

That's them. They're good. I've used them lots of times. They'll supply and cut it to any size, shape and profile you want which can save a lot of work and head ache if you're doing woodwork on a boat with limited space and tools.

I took one particularly odd shapped piece of oak to them (weird profile for a doorframe) and they matched it perfectly.

Gibbo

just thought id ask if anyone knows where to get vennered mdf and ply in or around doncaster, sorry for jumping in on the thread but i thought it would be better than starting another wood supply thread thanks

John Boddy at Boroughbridge for solid timber. Is there a James Latham branch in the area? as they do all the sheet materials including resin impregnated for locker tops etc.

Many thanks to Gibbo, Dor & Tim for the locations of the two timber yards, yes I've bought timber from Potters before they have a good reputation around here but had forgotten about the one in Northwich which is very handy to the yard where I'm fitting out.