Day hire on Bridgewater....

sinkorswim

Featured Posts

Well myself and my better half (alegedly) have a hankering to try out a narrow boat (Sky tv has a lot to answer for!) so I looked around the web and found Claymoore at Preston Brooke which is reasonably close to us, they seem to do a day hire which we thought would be a good idea for our first time afloat. So has anybody else here tried this? if so how did you enjoy it?

You seem to get from 9.30-5.30 on the boat for the day hire, how far along the Bridgewater canal would you get approx before you have to return? We will talk to Claymoore about this obviously but would welcome other peoples opinions, any other tips/advice would be most welcome.

Thanks.

You may like to have a look at Thorn Marine at Stockton Heath . The Day Hire Boats appear to be very

popular and a cruise upto Lymm and back is a good day out.

Thanks for that, I grew up in Lymm but haven't been back for years (too many) so that sounds like a very nice day out. I'll speak to Thorn as well. Cheers.

Thorn Marine has already been mentioned, which I could also recommend. They have 3 day hire boats but only operate 2 at the moment I think. You will need to book well in advance as they are very popular!

There is also Claymoore Navigation which operate a day hire boat (might be 2, actually?) which are right at the southern end of the Bridgewater at Preston Brook.

And at the other end I think Boothstown basin operate a day hire boat too.

If you hire one from Boothstown Marina, you can go as fast as you like.

Well every body else that hires there seems to anyway. :lol:

and they do have a boat thats like a proper narrowboat rather than a day boat type of thing so I would expect you to get a better feel of it

Edited by Troll