rechargable torches

smokeyfruitbat

Featured Posts

has anyone ever come across a decent rechargable torch who's light doesnt go from dazzlingly bright to the light from a fag end within a minute?

ive tried many but still go back to my trusty battery operated one (batteries £5 each)

I just use led torches, now (mainly headtorches, though). Batteries last much longer and the winding handles don't fall off.

Unless you want a very bright light an LED wind up torch works well. We have 2 in the boat and one in the car as does most of the family. Has the advantage that you can never find the batteries dead. If it is 'dead' just wind it up.

P

We have fairly recently bought a large rechargeable lantern of Coleman brand.

It's light source is a large cluster of clear LEDs, and these are powered from a rechargeable lead acid battery in the base.

A bit big, but gives a really bright light to work in tricky places, or walk towpaths or roads at night. We haven't come close to running it down yet.

It can be charged from 240 volts, but we plug it directly into the boat's 12 volts to recharge,

Alan

Unless you want a very bright light an LED wind up torch works well. We have 2 in the boat and one in the car as does most of the family. Has the advantage that you can never find the batteries dead. If it is 'dead' just wind it up.

P

I'll second that. Got a wind-up one last year off Fleabay for about 8 quid. Now I wonder why we ever bothered with batteries.