Corgi Soon to be Gone!

davidk65

Featured Posts

Have you heard!!!

Corgi will soon be a thing of the past.

Talking to our Corgi registerd installer, domesict central heating last night, he tells me that from April 2009 Corgi will cease to be the certifying body that we have known and loved (hate) for so long.

Apparently, Corgi have lost the right to certify. HASW have awarded this duty to another organisation the details of which are, according to my man, not yet fully clear.

Corgi is to retain its name but will be involved in other/different matters altogether.

Anyone have information on this?

So all the installers will need to pay for & pass yet another new "jobs for the boys" test.

Its crap.

Its just another way to keep all these people (the trainers & testers) in the life style they are accustomed too.

Justme

Its crap.

Couldn't have put it better. I can't believe the thinking behind such things, especially if changing the name. When thinking of gas "Corgi" is on the tip of everyones tongue. This can't have any bearing whatsoever on safety, indeed some people will believe that if "Corgi" is no longer in being you can work on gas yourself.

These people must live in another world. :lol:

I have visions of the old "consignia" saga. :lol:

I perhaps shouldn't say this on an open forum, but given my expreience of Capita elsewhere, the idea of the running anything to do with safety doesn't fill me with confidence...

Brit. Gas have just been to service the boiler. The engineer confirms that it is Capita taking over from Corgi. He maintains that Capita don't have the expertise on gas. The way he thinks it is going to work is that when there are complications Corgi will assist Capita. The engineer did not speak to highly of Corgi "they got paid for b***er all. Under the new scheme, an engineer will have to pay two companies for the same thing.

From the perspective of a CORGI registered installer, I can't see CAPITA making much more of mess than CORGI did. I was never one of CORGI's biggest fans, few have any sympathy for them.

The obvious problem for most, of course will be letterheads, vehicle signage etc.

The HSE appoint the company to run the gas registration scheme, but do not have juristiction in Northern Ireland, Isle of man, Jersey & Gernsey, so CORGI will continue to run the scheme there, now thats joined up thinking for you :lol: .

The problem now is that the HSE allowed CORGI to run the scheme under their own copyrighted name so now the scheme is to be run by another company then a new gas safety brand has to be created. Whatever the name will be apparently will be owned by the HSE so another company could then run the scheme without the disruption that will occur come April

One of the biggest critisisms of CORGI was the many ways they dreamed up to extract more money from the installer and used the database to flog everything from insurance to vans on 'special deals to CORGI installers' all of which could be found considerably cheaper with a quick internet search. CAPITA ,apparently will just run the gas registration scheme with no added extras.

Personally I think there should be one central register with several competing companies operating the scheme, so that we would all be 'X registered' to the public but could choose from competing companies to register with.

The one thing that we can safely predict is that the whole thing will be a complete cockup :lol:

The obvious problem for most, of course will be letterheads, vehicle signage etc.

The HSE appoint the company to run the gas registration scheme, but do not have juristiction in Northern Ireland, Isle of man, Jersey & Gernsey, so CORGI will continue to run the scheme there, now thats joined up thinking for you :lol: .

The problem now is that the HSE allowed CORGI to run the scheme under their own copyrighted name so now the scheme is to be run by another company then a new gas safety brand has to be created. Whatever the name will be apparently will be owned by the HSE so another company could then run the scheme without the disruption that will occur come April

To maintain the dog relate theme why not just call the new Capita organisation DOGGAS? This way there would be no need to change signage etc. from Corgi or you could use your favourite doggy make in your letterhead to indicate registration such as Harrier Heating, Poodle Plumbing or Springer Spaniel Servicing. :lol:

To maintain the dog relate theme why not just call the new Capita organisation DOGGAS? This way there would be no need to change signage etc. from Corgi or you could use your favourite doggy make in your letterhead to indicate registration such as Harrier Heating, Poodle Plumbing or Springer Spaniel Servicing. :lol:

You can service as many Springer Spaniels as you like :lol: - but don't get caught if you want to stay off the front page of the News of the World!

B