Dry dock for diy painting

buggsy

Featured Posts

Hi,

does any forum member know of a Dry dock for use in the Northants, Leicestershire or Buckinghamshire area as i would like to paint my boat next year. I know this is a long shot given all the H and S regs but i thouhgt i would ask. I have considered mooring under the A14 bridge on the Leicester section.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

cheers,

Steve

Hi,

does any forum member know of a Dry dock for use in the Northants, Leicestershire or Buckinghamshire area as i would like to paint my boat next year. I know this is a long shot given all the H and S regs but i thouhgt i would ask. I have considered mooring under the A14 bridge on the Leicester section.

cheers,

Steve

Union Canal Carriers at Braunston hire their dock out for DIY painting. If you phone ask for Tim.

I've been told you can hire a polytunnel at Grebe Canal Cruisers, (Pitstone Bucks), but as there is now a professional boat painting outfit operating at that location, it may no longer be the case.

The covered slip at Cow Roast Marina, (just across the Bucks/Herts border) is sometimes let out for this to.

Hi,

cheers,

Steve

Debdale marina have various docks, poly tunnels & lift out facilities:

Debdale Wharf Marina

Debdale Lane

Leicestershire, LE8 0XA

T: 0116 279 3034

F: 0116 279 6655

E: moorings@debdalewharf.co.uk

Tim

Gayton Marina (northampton arm) has a polytunnel which I believe they will hire out when they're not using it themselves. Braunston marina has a couple of drydocks, but don't know for sure if they hire them for diy use. Welford Marina also have a dry dock, but again don't know about diy use. Crick Marina have a drydock that you definately can hire for diy.

If required I can provide contacts for Gayton and Crick

Peter