Murder on the Canal

MartinClark

Featured Posts

Having re-read my earlier post (made unexcusably without thought after drinking) please accept my apoligies for any offence caused.

Thoughts are with anyone who knew this couple

I don't think you offended anyone, so don't worry about it.

I have spoken tonight to another forum member who knew these people personally, and she is deeply shocked. I think it would be best that we all refrained from further comment and allowed all concerned to come to terms with their loss rather than continuing any speculation at this time.

I'm sure we'll all find out the details later, but at this point, people are grieving, upset, sad and confused. I think we should respect their feelings and give them chance to come to terms with it.

Janet

I think it would be best that we all refrained from further comment and allowed all concerned to come to terms with their loss rather than continuing any speculation at this time.

I'm sure we'll all find out the details later, but at this point, people are grieving, upset, sad and confused. I think we should respect their feelings and give them chance to come to terms with it.

Janet

Well said, and sincere condolences to all concerned.

Edited by Hair Bear Bunch

I think it would be best that we all refrained from further comment and allowed all concerned to come to terms with their loss rather than continuing any speculation at this time.

Actually, I think the thread remained fairly clear of speculation, which is more than what can be said happened on a different forum. :lol:

The two who died are now named.

http://www.mk-news.co.uk/mknews/DisplayArticle.asp?id=347549

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about the accuracy of what was published in the press, but note that the biggest jumping to conclusions actually seemed to be by The Times. Unusually the tabloids were slightly more restrained.

I have been very impressed with the way the forum has reacted to my post earlier and thank you all for your sensitivity and tact.

I have spent an enjoyable couple of days with Allan and Debbie on the Chesterfield Canal and I know they are very touched by the messages they have recieved from friends on the forum at this difficult time.

we knew the people who lived aboard secret quite well, they have had alot of bad luck this last year, kay lost her baby about xmas time, and it was a tradgody what has happened, they were well known along this strech of the cut, and were liveaboards, many people dont understand why it happened, but know what happened, and how.

after speaking with the police i do pity them with their job for this incident, i wont go into details about the inside of the boat, the boat has now been recovered, and is now secure until the police take it away. my thoughts go out to everybody along the canal from milton keynes to leighton buzzard, as they were known all along there at least, and most likley further