sterling inverter

sean white

Featured Posts

Sean,

look at sterlings website for the online manuals www.sterling-power.com

i think this is the correct website. I have an 1800 watt modified sine wave on my boat everything works ok but avoid tv/video combis as ih ave yet to find one that works.

cheers,

Steve

got a sterling 1800w inverter on boat never used it & got no manual. How does it work?

21452[/snapback]

Sean, do you use any mains electrical (230/240v) devices on your boat?

You do know what the inverter does?

Sean.

You can run 230 volt appliances off the unit up to 1800 watt power. Make sure it has been installed properly, remember the voltage output is every bit as dangerous as the electricity off the mains.

The inverter will take very large amounts of power from your batteries, for prolonged use at high power arrange to run the engine whilst it is in use.

The inverter will take very large amounts of power from your batteries, for prolonged use at high power arrange to run the engine whilst it is in use.

And you want to place the inverter next to the batterys, and wire the two together with thick cable. To reduce voltage drop (inverters cut out on low voltage), and energy loss.

Daniel