lock 45 Wolvercote

purplehaze

Featured Posts

I have lots of pictures. I was there the whole time. Lucky me - I had stopped for lunch in the pouring rain on the Tuesday and a BW tug went past pulling a pontoon/dumb barge thingy. When we went to set off we got 50 yards before mooring again!!! Bar Stewards had indeed sunk tug in the lock entrance.

The two maintenance men disappeared as soon as the Rapid Response Team [arrived never to be seen again.

Next day they arrived with full Health and Safety report and Plan A.

By lunchtime they were on about plan C or D.

We all sat on the lock balance beam and gave advice. Some taken some not. Advice that was acted on fairly quickly was when I pointed out that the water they were pumping out was going into the dumb barge. We also all loaned them some buckets to help the pumps which were not that effective. Eventually they simply dragged the tug out of the way and carried on pumping out whilst boats were allowed past.

We were fourth boat up at 4pm on Wednesday and just as we passed the Tug bounced up and floated. Woo Hoo.

Met the BW boat raisers at Dashwood lock and they said the boat sinkers were working at Allen Lock. And we were to give them hell. Unfortunately by the time we got there they were nowhere to be seen. Hiding? :lol:

I have trouble uploading photos so can I email them to anybody?

Kath

I have lots of pictures.

I have trouble uploading photos so can I email them to anybody?

Kath

I would love to see the shenanigans..... and it seems everyone else is boating

my details can be found here

i will try and put them in an album on here for you - unless one of the others has got in first

simon

bristol and argo

Eddited to add;

Cheers Barroca Grande - size was the issue (err does that sound rude to you?) - had to downsize them massively for the board to accept them....

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...m&album=348

gallery album wolvercote sunk it

simon

Ooo, both versions of link work too....... i thought the first would just show as text but the board recognised it's true worth.

Edited by bristol & argo