Paguro 4000 Marine Generator

melkaren

Featured Posts

No eperience of the pagaro, a few months ago I looked very closely into all the marine gensets and discounted them one by one, Mastervolt being first out of the race, its loads of money and so many things to consider. You might have discounted northern lights on cost basis, or because its too big for the space you need to fit it in, you can't make it physicaly smaller but if you do the riight deal they can be had for about the same price as the pagaro and a 3 cylinder running at half the speed, it's all horses for courses but I went for northern lights. Out of interest will you be skin cooling yours?

I've gone for the Pag 4k. It's only just been delivered, so it'll be about 4 weeks before I get to fire it up. Mine will be raw water cooled with the gas water seperator, so should be silent-ish. I've got a spare skin tank just in case mud gets to be a big issue, but the consensus was no problem.

Was that the only reason or was there more?

Gibbo

I'm a bit worried about offending anybody! but purely my opinion, unstable output, and cooling problems with their keel cooled units, as well as their total lack of customer support. The first 2 are the experiences of owners the 3rd is from first hand experience!

What power output is your Northern Lights?

What sort of money did it cost?

Do you have the sound enclosure? When we were at SG Boats having some work done on our Vetus generator, the engineer said they fit Northern Lights without the enclosure and rely on the sound cladding in the engine bay to keep things quiet. Given that I can hardly hear our Beta 43 from the front of the boat it sounded OK to me