FMC Otter to Poland

bargeeboy

Featured Posts

Is anybody with a heavy motor heading North in the coming weeks.

The JP has passed its sell by date

We have Otter at Denham and need it at Alvecote to appraise its re-build.

Any tow up the hill would help and it would save us sending a boat down for it.

Edited by bargeeboy

Otter out of the Chess basin? Are you going to put a full conversion on her or deconvert? Interesting boat, there's another FM&C in there I think its 'Perch' but i'm not certain, could do with tlc by the look of it as well. Can the JP2 in Otter be rebuilt or is it scrap, i think its her original engine?

Otter out of the Chess basin? Are you going to put a full conversion on her or deconvert? Interesting boat, there's another FM&C in there I think its 'Perch' but i'm not certain, could do with tlc by the look of it as well. Can the JP2 in Otter be rebuilt or is it scrap, i think its her original engine?

Roger Wakeham tells me the JP is passed it. Frost damage but until we get it back and take it out we don't know if its a job for Metalock or not.

The boat would have orginally had a Bolinder 15hp. I suspect the JP was fitted by Waterways as it was transferred to the North Western Division Southern Carrying Fleet upon Nationalisation.

When we get back to Grendon and dock it if the Botton is serviceable then we shall put a 15hp Bolinder in it and put back into carrying mode. If the hull need other iron/steel work then it looks like a visit to Narrowcraft in Poland !