NEC SHOW

mizpah

Featured Posts

Yeah the cafes were stupidly expensive we only had a tea. There were some very nice sausages on one of the stalls though. I had a wild bore one which was lovely! I also got a Snowdon black bomber cheese, yummy!! :wacko:

As for the show... found it intresting to get an idea of price for things that i might want to buy in the future and have a wander around new NB's that i could never afford! Its helped me decide a bit more what I would and wouldnt like on a boat.

The parentals are after a motorhome, i got very bored of wandering in and out of those! :D

:D well we went and it was ok , the queue in to park awful, and no sing song on the coach from the car to show. aren't led's brill ? and was that a big boat in the corner !!! saw lots of strange people (must be caravaners) . :wacko:

That boat was huge!!! must be for a guy with a really small winky. :wacko:

As a newbie that is considering liveaboard later this year or early next I was keen just to look at the internals of a narrowboat up close. I looked beyond the layouts and right into the nitty gritty of the quality and fittings in them. Well, for Amber boats, if that was their show boats then I dread to think what their non show boats are like, appauling tacky fittings and doors that don't line up, that would irritate the hell outa me. Sea Otter fared slightly better I thought but I definitely saved the best to last with the inspection of the Aqualine boats, these were absolutely a million miles apart in terms of quality.

A classic case of 'You get what you pay for', my mind is made up of the exact boat I shall be plonking on the K&A in the hopefully not too distant future!

I didnt like the smaller Sea Otter at all. Thought it felt like a caravan. Was the aqualine one the one with the odd front? If so this was my favorite by far apart from the unessasary (in my opinion) two toilets.

Ah!!!!! yes but you are young and living alone (supposition) at the moment. :D

Chickadee

We are only teasing.

My boat will be two berth and still have two WC, one will be pump out and the other a cassette, reasoning as we will be liveaboard and have a cross bed.

One WC each side of the bedroom, save having to climb over the partner during the night. (it's an age thing :D ) Also if we get iced in during the winter and cannot get to a pump out, we will still be able to carry/drag the cassette to a disposal point.