Washing machine, showers

moggyjo

Featured Posts

I don't think there are any of these facilities on the whole of the Oxford canal (would be very handy)

I would have thought that there are plenty of launderettes in the towns along the Oxford canal. The facilities on the Macclesfield canal at Bosley are miles from anywhere

I would have thought that there are plenty of launderettes in the towns along the Oxford canal. The facilities on the Macclesfield canal at Bosley are miles from anywhere

I know there is one Laundarette in Summertown north Oxford and then I think thats it on the whole of the south Oxford canal. :D

I remember getting rather squiffy waiting for my washing to finish in a launderette at Abingdon (yes I know it's on the Thames but it's not that far from Oxford) that was next door to a pub. Am pretty certain there's a launderette in Banbury and think I visited one in Rugby (was that next to a pub too?). Best bet is a copy of the Aylesbury Canal Society launderette list. Don't think there are any BW run facilities from memory.

D :-)

I remember getting rather squiffy waiting for my washing to finish in a launderette at Abingdon (yes I know it's on the Thames but it's not that far from Oxford) that was next door to a pub. Am pretty certain there's a launderette in Banbury and think I visited one in Rugby (was that next to a pub too?). Best bet is a copy of the Aylesbury Canal Society launderette list. Don't think there are any BW run facilities from memory.

Brentford has a BW laundrette, but we found it cheaper to go just out on the high street since that laundertte had bigger machines!

simon.

There used to be one in Banbury right close to canal bridge, but Banbury is about 18 miles from here and not having a car to get about and the bus service here is awful, 1 a hour into Oxford over 5 miles away, not all day though and none in the evenings.

Free showers that work fine until someone is either filling up or using the washing machine.

A washing machine that spent nine months of 2006 out of order, and has been out of order again since last November. It is only domestic size and costs a whopping £4.30 for one wash. The £4 machines at the launderette take 3 times as much washing as this one does.

A pump out machine that doesn't work because the contract for its' maintenance was allowed to lapse.

A bin shed which (I've just discovered on visiting the boat) has no bins in it and is full of rats and refuse strewn on the floor, the council have removed the bins and won't collect the rubbish because the contract for refuse disposal has been allowed to lapse.

Taps to each pontoon, all plumbed in since Jan 2006 which don't work because no one has ever bothered to sort it out.

Can you see a trend developing here?

Edited by Lady Muck

The boating guides on Waterscape will tell you what BW facilities are available and what cards you need.

you can use the pump out cards in the washing machines. it is just a problem trying to find anywhere that sells them. Only one place had a notice saying where to get them. The place that they said was closed but the building that the notice was outside did although it wasn't on the list.

Sue