Narrow boat crewing

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, David lee said:

I am looking for crew on my 45 foot narrow boat from Bath to London especially 31 st March to 8th April from Bath to Hungerford longer if availability please contact me if interested 

I think a wee bit more information might help you  get replies. Sleeping arrangements? will crew sleep on the boat or will they have to find accommodation? If sleeping on board, how many beds does your boat have? eating arrangements? Will you pay for and provide food or will your crew provide and cook their own? How many hours a day do you want to cruise? All daylight hours or less? 

Will you pay your crew ?

Some of these questions may sound a bit cheeky but I don't think folk will volunteer unless they know what they are volunteering for 🙂 

Also, to where in London? I'd have thought most if not all of such a trip was viable as a single hander. 

And Bath to Hungerford in particular is no problem at all to a reasonably healthy single hander. 

Boat is 45 ft long only need one crew member who will be sleeping on the boat in the saloon on a z bed with duvet. All food and beer provided for boat has solid fuel stove and diesel central heating 

• Greenie 1

Hi there, welcome to the forum, I think if I was in need of crew, I'd detail my own skippering experience and expectations

Personally I would not offer to crew for a complete newby who has bought something untested and now wants it moved, but if I was young and fit and had no experience  and was wanting  some, it might appeal. 

I know folks are surprised that crew is hard to come by, but when I asked at the local yacht club for crew for a nice delivery trip from the South Coast, I got one applicant (a dinghy sailor) and he burst in to tears at Dartmouth, on day 1, apparently his girlfriend had objected. He stayed the course.

Edited by LadyG