Recommended surveyors for York

Emclay

Featured Posts

Hi, 
We are looking to buy our first narrowboat and have a deposit down for a 58ft narrowboat currently moored in Ripon. The survey will be done in York and the current owner is driving the boat down there for us. 

Does anyone have any recommended surveyors that would survey in York? Or any to avoid?! 

Thanks

You could try Richard Fee, but to be honest I don’t know if he’s still doing Surveys or just doing BSS’s now, but he’s Gas Boat Safe, so you know he’ll be looking closely at the gas system. He’s highly regarded in the area so maybe worth contacting. His details are below:

23A39735-5033-41D9-B9D6-1EEDCBD19066.jpeg.a09799eea3653a26903180c8c5116c1c.jpeg

We used Robert Burton (Burton Marine) for a BSC, he is from Dumfries but happily travels and works that area. He was the only 1 of 4 that got back to us.... Pleasant chap.

Just had my NB surveyed. I used Ben Sutcliffe. He really went the extra mile for me. I had issues with the heating system. He got to the bottom of the problem, didn't just brush over it like some others do. He also insisted that we there for the survey.

In my opinion he does a very thorough job.

http://www.bensutcliffemarine.co.uk/

Edited by Naartjie - Duck Hatch

6 hours ago, Naartjie - Duck Hatch said:

Just had my NB surveyed. I used Ben Sutcliffe. He really went the extra mile for me. I had issues with the heating system. He got to the bottom of the problem, didn't just brush over it like some others do. He also insisted that we there for the survey.

In my opinion he does a very thorough job.

http://www.bensutcliffemarine.co.uk/

Where are you, near York? As the guy you recommend is nowhere near by the looks of it being South Wales. 

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth