HS2 Viaduct at Wormleighton (South Oxford) postponed navigation stoppage

Featured Posts

I thought the winding hole at Marston Doles top lock was limited in the length that can turn there. Hope that I am wrong, otherwise there may be some backing back down to the Engine house arm.

23 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I thought the winding hole at Marston Doles top lock was limited in the length that can turn there. Hope that I am wrong, otherwise there may be some backing back down to the Engine house arm.

Yes, I think that one is limited to 50ft. We turned around in the engine arm (now wish we carried on to Fenny Compton!). 

1 hour ago, Steve Bassplayer said:

Yes, I think that one is limited to 50ft. We turned around in the engine arm (now wish we carried on to Fenny Compton!). 

That will be 50 of CRT's special feet, which are different from everyone else's feet. I think I've turned my 57ft boat above Marston Doldrum lock with plenty of room, IIRC.

I could be wrong about the above but I definitely used to routinely turn my 68ft boat in a winding 'ole on the K&A clearly signposted "57ft MAX". 

Edited by MtB

2 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

It is, about 55ft max

37 minutes ago, MtB said:

That will be 50 of CRT's special feet, which are different from everyone else's feet. I think I've turned my 57ft boat above Marston Doldrum lock with plenty of room, IIRC.

In that case my boat is longer than I thought