Enclosed Rear Area

mark99

Featured Posts

Aha - found some pictures at last.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/lofiversi....php/t9334.html

I like the look of the cabin especially as it folds down.

Purists - sorry. :wacko:

Mark

Oooo, that's Daniel's steam boat "Emily Anne".

I like the collapsible wheelhouse affair better than the pram top type things you see now and again, IMO they look more boaty.

Kev

lol yeah suppose so - thanks for the time you invested in being smart - in the interests of public spirit-ness there may have been someone else vaguely interested also it may have stopped someone else searching out data and wasting their time cos I already found it.

I see from the sum total of your responses to this thread you need to get out of your boat a bit more.

Mark

Cute :wacko:

Isn't everybody getting a bit off track here, Mark was not referring to Dutch barge replicas or wheelhouses,

"Walking along the Regents Canal today I saw a narrowboat with a sort of cruiser stern with the whole rear area enclosed via a wooden structure with windows creating a snug cabin to steer from".

More a question I think of some misguided soul attempting to increase the size of his cabin by building a plywood shed over the rear cruiser stern.. I think we have all seen similar efforts.

Edited by John Orentas

Isn't everybody getting a bit off track here, Mark was not referring to Dutch barge replicas or wheelhouses,

If you're right, John, why does Mark post photos of Emily Anne? Mark probably saw his first narrow beam DB copy and was trying to describe it.