Dutch Cruiser Conversion - WC cabin to shower / wet room room

Featured Posts

I have a similar challenge - a very small space which needs to function as the toilet, basin and shower. There are other priorities, such as getting stove installations finished to BSS, so for now it just has the Thetford cassette toilet in there, and the kitchen sink serves for everything else, but longer term it needs sorting out.

I am going down the folding sink route. There are modern sinks such as the Cleo which would work well but doesn't fit the style of the boat so I will end up copying an Adams & Westlake one. The floor will have to double as the base for the toilet and the actual floor. Current plan is to inset a shower tray so the top edge is slightly above normal floor level and put a stand in - possibly duckboard or possibly a solid surface but with a gap around the edges and hollow underneath so the water runs off it and into the tray. A true wet room would possibly be less prone to leaking so I may yet do that, in polypropylene sheet. This can be welded in-situ using a hot air gun with a nozzle to form a bespoke sealed unit.

Alec

15 hours ago, agg221 said:

I am going down the folding sink route. There are modern sinks such as the Cleo which would work well but doesn't fit the style of the boat so I will end up copying an Adams & Westlake one.

There's a couple of vintage folding sinks on ebay at the moment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126191119968

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276174472522