Back again! the proverbial bad penny.

Handyandy180

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, magnetman said:

Yes thinking about it my most comfortable boat was my first narrow boat which was a 30ft cruiser starn. I put a recaro seat from a scrap yard on a beer keg on the deck and sat in that for the steering. Very comfy. A lot more comfy than the trads I had after that but I'm thinking of the bigger picture. Deck boards are a nuisance and canvas covers. A trad deck without a silly lifting lid is ideal. Rain has a havit of getting in everywhere.

We had one of those on Helvetia, one of the first welding jobs I had done was to increase the size of the drainage channels, which resulted in no more rain getting into the rear counter chamber.

Edited by David Schweizer

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/11/2023 at 18:54, ditchcrawler said:

Don't one of the members of this forum have a Narrowbeam Dutch Barge or whatever you would like to call it.

I have a replica Dutch Barge and I love it. It may be more difficult to walk the gunwale but this is far outweighed by the additional space it gives you inside. It's a narrowboat that thinks its a widebeam. Mine has a collapsible wheelhouse but low bridges can still be a problem. Just proceed with caution. 

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Harrington II said:

I have a replica Dutch Barge and I love it. It may be more difficult to walk the gunwale but this is far outweighed by the additional space it gives you inside. It's a narrowboat that thinks its a widebeam. Mine has a collapsible wheelhouse but low bridges can still be a problem. Just proceed with caution. 

Welcome to the forum