Doorman recardo parts

Marleypainter

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, Marleypainter said:

Doorman recardo engine 2 cylinder looking for decompositioning valve and hand start..complete set up..alternator..

You're probably best off trying to find the one you appear to have lost. Where did you last put it?

What on earth is a "decompositioning valve" anyway?! Could one be made from scratch by a competent machinist, perhaps?

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Decompressor. 

And it is Dorman Ricardo not Doorman Recardo. 

Not a pedantic spelling correction just pointing it out as google searches may vary if it is spelled wrong. 

Dorman Ricardo Decompressor

Probably a 2DSM.

Presumably the brass handle on the left end of the rocker cover. 

Dorman_2dsm_engine_004-909de256.webp

Edited by magnetman

I had one of these 40 years ago the hand start was enclosed in an aluminium casing and chain driven from the crankshaft. There are various scrap 2dm engines around. You could not fit an alternator in place of the dynamo drive shown in your photo so I suspect someone has modified the front end of the engine to take an alternator so you will not be able to fit the handstart if this is the case. 

45 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Presumably the brass handle on the left end of the rocker cover. 

If it is just the handle that is wanted then unless the shaft has splines it would be fairly simple to fabricate one, although I have seen similar is iron on barrel taps etc that may be modifiable.