Can Insurance be transfered?

grahoom

Featured Posts

Am I right in thinking that the insurance of a boat is for the boat, and not for the person who owns the boat. - so for example, if i were to buy a boat that recently has been insured for a year then that insurance can be transfered to me???

sorry if this has been asked before, did a search but couldn't find a satisfactory answer.

Hi Grahoom

At least it's thankfully nothing like car insurance --- you don't have to answer mountains of b******s questions to get anywhere. If you're not sorted yet, have a look at craftinsure.com an object lesson in how on line applications should be done -- and jolly good value. My only connection with them is that of satisfied customer.

Mike.

Hi Grahoom

At least it's thankfully nothing like car insurance --- you don't have to answer mountains of b******s questions to get anywhere. If you're not sorted yet, have a look at craftinsure.com an object lesson in how on line applications should be done -- and jolly good value. My only connection with them is that of satisfied customer.

Mike.

Hello Mike,

cheers for that - after looking at all the threads on insurance on here, craft-insure seems to come up trumps (to some extent). - had a look at their site, and got a quote - it's reasonable; and they allow for monthly payments - which is handy for the cash flow.

Hi Grahoom

If you're not sorted yet, have a look at craftinsure.com an object lesson in how on line applications should be done -- and jolly good value. My only connection with them is that of satisfied customer.

Mike.

I thought of changing to craftinsure.com but it looked like I could only insure my contents for a small amount of money compared to the insurance company that I use at the moment

I also considered CraftInsure but they wanted to charge me additional money for having my new boat transported across country and insuring it when craning it it.

I went with Haven Knox-Johnson and they quoted a better price AND included all the above at no additional charge.

Chris

... and make sure that your policy permits "Single Handed Sailing". (yes I know its Inland and we don't sail but thats what they call it).

I used to insure with Navigators and General (who underwrite Craftinsure) and they DO permit single handed as standard. My new company GJW does NOT permit single handed as standard. This has to be added to the policy as an endorsement. It didn't cost anything, but I had to tell them and they added the endorsement in writing on the policy.

Pays to check all the small print carefully and include all the extras you need.

Mike

I also considered CraftInsure but they wanted to charge me additional money for having my new boat transported across country and insuring it when craning it it.

I went with Haven Knox-Johnson and they quoted a better price AND included all the above at no additional charge.

Chris

A friend of mine insured with HKJ and the story of what she was put through when her boat was burnt out would turn your hair white.

Tim