Irritating air leak.

Bee

Featured Posts

For some time Bee has had an annoying starting problem /air leak. Every morning it starts fine, runs for a couple of seconds till it uses its residual fuel then stops. If I take the fuel filter off it is half empty. Fill the filter from a handy bottle of diesel (quicker than pumping it up with the little fuel pump thingy) and it's fine and it is ok for the rest of the day. I have looked everywhere for the cause and just couldn't find it. Couple of weeks ago going through the whole process again and I thought I might as well fit a new filter as I was grovelling around anyway, filled the new filter, screwed it on and it has fixed the problem. Absolutely no visible problem with the old filter, no gritty stuff under the filter head, O ring looks fine and both filters are genuine Kubota. So before you start taking the entire fuel system apart and taking great big spanners to delicate bits of the system it might just be the b***** filter

Its not uncommon for the top "O" ring to get left in place, then when you install a 'new' filter you use an O ring and two o-rings results in it not locating properly and you can get an air leak.

Maybe when you removed the filter this time both O-rings came away ?

(Just an observation from my own experiences.)