Kerridge dry dock. Macclesfield canal

rogerc

Featured Posts

Does anyone have an alternative number to 07723 330860. They provide a very good service I used 2 years ago but I’ve been trying to make contact for a week but had no response. I have heard that it may have changed hands recently 

Roger

7 minutes ago, rogerc said:

Does anyone have an alternative number to 07723 330860. They provide a very good service I used 2 years ago but I’ve been trying to make contact for a week but had no response. I have heard that it may have changed hands recently 

Roger

As far as I know that phone number is for Ged who was looking after the dock following the death of John Jackson.   John's son has no interest in the dock and I understand that the daughter was to take over the running. I have no other number but the phone in the house is presumably still connected, perhaps you can try that?

From the Macclesfieldcanal.org.uk site,   Kerridge Dry Dock (01625−574287) John Jackson; The Barn, Oaklands Farm, Oak Lane, Kerridge

7 minutes ago, sueanddaren said:

Sad to hear John died....When he 'tested' the hull on our old boat by hitting it with a b*****y big hammer, he said if it ever needed plating he'd do it for free. He was a character.

They managed to make a total pig's ear of my back deck and fitted a prop shaft seal that nearly sank the boat. I was mightily relieved when I heard they'd changed hands.