Smartguage Error 03

Theo

Featured Posts

This is the overvoltage error for the battery type selected.  Gibbo said years ago  that type 2 ws the right one for my batteries.  At what voltage does E03 start to show?  I can't find it in the paperwork.

N

Do you have any solar? If so there is a fair chance it decided to do an equalisation charge and that may well upset the Smartgauge. I think solar plus the alternator will also deliver high charging voltages if the solar has fully charged the batteries, this is especially applicable if you leave the boat for few days and come back to it.

• Greenie 1

I have solar with a Victron SmartSolar HQ204684PFB controller and an Adverc.  I don't think that either of these are adjustable for a lower charging voltage.  I will have another look to see if I can disable equalisation if this is advisable.

The Adverc manual says that it keeps the charging voltage down to 14.4V alternating with 13.something.  The 14.4V is OK for the batteries.  The error starts showing when we are an hour or so into the day's cruise and the SG is showing about 97% SoC.  I haven't seen the voltage go over 14.4V.

It seems to me that I can disable the E03.  Am I correct?

N

Edited by Theo

20 minutes ago, Theo said:

It seems to me that I can disable the E03.  Am I correct?

Yes you are.

I was using the alarm output of my SG so disabled all the alarms apart from the low state of charge one. E03 was annoying as it occasionally triggered an alarm unrelated to my SoC requirements meaning I had to go to the boat to investigate 😠

Edited by GUMPY