Yarwood's Fuel Cap

fittie

Featured Posts

18 hours ago, spud said:

because this is a wind up surely, no one would do this to a genuine fuel cap as it was never on any grand union motor like this - ha ha ha, good joke

hawkesbury is a gu boat, elements of elitism from the historic mob yet again

Hawkesbury is definitely a G.U. boat and retains a lot of its originality too, timber cabin, original engine room (far too dented for the posh mob!), and front deck. The Yarwoods origin of the steering bush?, just adds to the story - to be honest, the lettering looked like rusty bumps under the umpteen layers of paint, so was glad I attacked it with a cup brush, rather than a disc!

I know that Hawkesbury is a GU boat but I was thrown by the Yarwoods boss thingy but the tiller wasn't right so I wondered if it was the FMC Hawkesbury (don't know if it still around though). I should of looked at your avatar...I'm sometimes a little on the slow side. Poor old Lancing had had a hard life working for 70+ years so lots had to be remade but we have tried to put her back to how she might have been when new(ish) before she lost her original cabin etc. 

Edited by fittie
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

OH ( insert string of swear words of choice ) what were they thinking of . 

How did you make your replicas . I have to solve this puzzle . I have ideas but I’m always curious to find out how other big northwich folks tackle things . 

have you still got the original gear control fitted . What gearbox / engine combo do you have .

RE what were they thinking...they weren't really and they were not as good as they thought they were. I should have gone to  Brinklow from the off, hay ho, live and learn.

The fuel cap was a large threaded, at both ends, BSP pipe cut in half and welded up. I got it from Thomas Graham in Kendal.

I do have the original gear stuff but not the original wheel which I had cast in bronze not cast iron.

If I had an original iron one I would have it fitted but any chance to bling it up I take.

Engine is a Lister JP2M with a 2:1 Lister Blackstone 3G(?)

Thanks for the info . 

re the gear control I may need to ask you for some measurements. I know I need  the measurement between the boats bottom and the underside of the bracket that supports the vertical rod from the large gear wheel . 

Any body else who can supply this measurement, I’d be grateful if you’d add it to this thread 

Before I go . Have you got a door in the bulkhead . I had a half door on Halsll .

8 hours ago, fittie said:

RE what were they thinking...they weren't really and they were not as good as they thought they were. I should have gone to  Brinklow from the off, hay ho, live and learn.

The fuel cap was a large threaded, at both ends, BSP pipe cut in half and welded up. I got it from Thomas Graham in Kendal.

I do have the original gear stuff but not the original wheel which I had cast in bronze not cast iron.

If I had an original iron one I would have it fitted but any chance to bling it up I take.

Engine is a Lister JP2M with a 2:1 Lister Blackstone 3G(?)

The engine bed and supporting steelwork would have been cut out of Hawkesbury, had I not heard a conversation about doing so. Same dock too.