The gun has been fired

Ian Mac

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

Yes you’re right. 

I guess I should  have said “it ought to remain a heavily subsidised activity”. 

Agreed. Without moving boats it'd just be a dumping ground again. That's why all sensible home moorers support genuine continuous cruisers. Without them pottering about all the time we'd be stuck in the mud on our short term jollies.

PS it's also why talk of moorers "hating" CCers is nonsense.

Edited by Arthur Marshall
  • Greenie 3
  • Happy 1

15 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Agreed. Without moving boats it'd just be a dumping ground again. That's why all sensible home moorers support genuine continuous cruisers. Without them pottering about all the time we'd be stuck in the mud on our short term jollies.

PS it's also why talk of moorers "hating" CCers is nonsense.

I doubt that many people hate CCers -- now CMers, that's a different kettle of fish...

On 12/05/2023 at 15:20, Machpoint005 said:

That has been going on since CRT was invented, by one David Cameron. His plans had a habit of going to shite. 

The idea of a Canal Trust came out of Royal Commission on Waterways circa 1910 and the waterway nationalisation proposals at the end of the First World War, and was widely discussed in the early 1920s. 

• Greenie 1