Why does my keyboard lock up?

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I close the lid. But it always wakes up on the keys, its after I have been using it for a while that it locks up. Everything else works but cannot type.

Out of interest, have you tried the vacuum cleaner hose on all the cooing vents. It starts to sound as if it might be a heat thing.

13 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Out of interest, have you tried the vacuum cleaner hose on all the cooing vents. It starts to sound as if it might be a heat thing.

Very much doubt it is thermal, does it cold and this is a sealed fan less laptop. Acer Aspire V11

10 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Very much doubt it is thermal, does it cold and this is a sealed fan less laptop. Acer Aspire V11

They still require ventilation, even if its not provided by a fan.

They often vent through the keyboard or the heat is taken up by internal conduction meaning it dissipates via the internals meaning the case also needs to be kept cool to help it dissipate.

Edited by M_JG

Instead of just closing the lid, go through the shutdown process - click on start, shutdown etc, then close the lid once its off.....   I'm sure you have fewer problems doing this. The sleep feature of laptops is prone to all sorts of problems like this....