Flow through expansion vessel/accumulator

Jaston10078

Featured Posts

Has anyone heard of these? 

https://www.ryva-watersolutions.be/varem-flovarem-fv3-3-liter-1f-1m.html

They are a true flow through type of vessel. Has anyone had any experience of them? I've been thinking of ways to reduce the risks associated with use of dead legs and traditional expansion vessels. 

2 minutes ago, Jaston10078 said:

Has anyone heard of these? 

https://www.ryva-watersolutions.be/varem-flovarem-fv3-3-liter-1f-1m.html

They are a true flow through type of vessel. Has anyone had any experience of them? I've been thinking of ways to reduce the risks associated with use of dead legs and traditional expansion vessels. 

Interesting way to address the risk of Legionnaires. However I would suggest an in depth review of “big picture” risk factors is appropriate. Starting with how many boaters have died or been seriously ill from legionnaires. I certainly haven’t heard of any. I suspect there aren’t any. Mainly because a conventional vessel isn’t really a “dead leg”, because an accumulator or expansion vessel still has flow in and out, either when the pump cycles (very frequently) or when the calorifier temperature cycles (less frequently, but often enough). The relatively small flow (and the chlorine) is still enough to disperse any forming bacteria.

42 minutes ago, Jaston10078 said:

Or for those whose Dutch isn't too good: https://www-ryva--watersolutions-be.translate.goog/varem-flovarem-fv3-3-liter-1f-1m.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Interestingly they only mention the water quality aspect in passing, mainly referring to the advantages for advantages for pump operation which are essentially the same as for a dead-leg accumulator.

Thanks for that, David! 

In response to Nick. Perhaps I should have rephrased my post slightly. With a baby on board, my attitude to certain risks has changed. 

So here goes... 

I'm of the opinion that there must be a better way regarding expansion vessels and if this type of vessel works as is described then I'd be interested in fitting one (or two). I would be glad to hear from anyone who has any experience with this type of vessel or anyone who can anticipate any issues with its use.