Audlem food !

haggis

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, IanD said:

When we ate there earlier (before it closed the first time) it was a bit more expensive than many other pubs -- and I'm sure some would say the menu was a bit pretentious, if that means having some stuff a bit more adventurous and upmarket than standard pub grub -- but also very good, we thought it was well worth it. The Corn Mill in Llangollen was similar in both price and quality, and similarly full.

Then there are much more basic and cheaper (but still with good food and beer) pubs like the Bridge at Chirk Bank and the Willeymoor Lock. There's room for both types, depending on your preferences -- I like both... 😉

Pubs with over-hyped food and over-priced trendy beer -- take 'em away and bury 'em... 😞

i am with you there. I do not mind pub grub as long it is priced accordingly

• Greenie 1

The Lord Combermere at Audlem closed a couple of days ago, having reopened a few months before.  But it did not attract many customers for quite a while.  On the contrary, the Shroppie Fly is getting very busy, and tables are often fully booked (and there's no boats yet).  Friendly staff, good food, clean, comfortable - and warm.  Opens at 10.30 daily for morning coffee etc.  Muddy dogs (and muddy owners) welcome.

• Greenie 1

Just now, Hastings said:

The Lord Combermere at Audlem closed a couple of days ago, having reopened a few months before.  But it did not attract many customers for quite a while.  On the contrary, the Shroppie Fly is getting very busy, and tables are often fully booked (and there's no boats yet).  Friendly staff, good food, clean, comfortable - and warm.  Opens at 10.30 daily for morning coffee etc.  Muddy dogs (and muddy owners) welcome.

Maybe customers have switched from the Combermere to the Shroppie Fly and/or the Bridge?

https://www.audlem.org/news/lord-combermere-closes-quiz-moves-to.html