Cassette toilet

Hannah Jones McVey

Featured Posts

Hi, We need to replace our sea toilet with a cassette. The ones I can see all seem to remove the cassette from the left, right or assume you will have an access panel behind the toilet. We don't really have any of these and were hoping to find something where you can access the cassette from the front. Does anyone know of something which would fit the bill?

Thanks

34 minutes ago, Hannah Jones McVey said:

Hi, We need to replace our sea toilet with a cassette. The ones I can see all seem to remove the cassette from the left, right or assume you will have an access panel behind the toilet. We don't really have any of these and were hoping to find something where you can access the cassette from the front. Does anyone know of something which would fit the bill?

Thanks

Have you seen the Porta Potty, not quite what you what but may do. Also, if you have space under a bed or something your existing toilet could be connected to a holding tank pump out system.

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Have you seen the Porta Potty, not quite what you what but may do. Also, if you have space under a bed or something your existing toilet could be connected to a holding tank pump out system.

We have a Porta Potty in the interim but would like something more permanent. Sadly the set up of the boat doesn't make a pump out really possible...we've had one on a previous boat but can't quite see how it would work without some serious adjustments. Thanks

I have Thetford Excellence which is self contained ie the bowl sits on top of the container. It is a proper height .

There are no spare cassettes as such so you need to empty when necessary, I would recommend not waiting too long as it' gets  heavy.

There are no spares kit, but I have had mine three years, though it does now leak a little out a vent , so best to keep it horizontal at all times.

The lid scratched easily so never put anything on it, or cover with vinyl.

I would buy it again, two people on board I'd also have a small porta potti, ask male to separate.

Edited by LadyG