More boats on canals and rivers than in 18th century as thousands opt for life afloat.

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

I agree with this. We lived aboard for near on 32 years purely by a first class choice. We paid cash for our boats as we got rid of a house we had no use of. The life on a boat is far superior to life in a house. For many years we kept a house in Cornwall for days away and holidays but tired of it and disposed of it in 2007. Purely and only due to health reasons we are buying a house now to live in :( supposedly exchanging contracts tomorrow??? Oh how I wish I could just hand the cash over and own it like I did with all my boats but I have had 3 months so far of paperwork nonsense. Having squinted at the article here I think the couple aged 48 are 100 percent correct in ( Doing it while they are alive) as far too many people imo just let finance rule their lives and are going to cruise ( when we retire ) and never get there. Imo any alternative lifestyle is worth a shot rather than the mundane that peeps usualy opt for. We, especialy the missus will sorely miss the superior boat living life but as we are older we have always been lucky enough to have a choice of buying another house unlike youngsters who have no choice. I reckon many people think that such as us lived on a boat for financial reasons as a second choice when the reality was far different. The sad problem is that unless you own a big house with the latest gadgets you are a failure and how very wrong that general outlook on life is.

Only 3 months? Some local authorities take that long, or more, just for the searches that used to take a few says.

• Horror 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

Only 3 months? Some local authorities take that long, or more, just for the searches that used to take a few says.

Keep yer fingers crossed for me for tomorrow Mike!! 

• Greenie 1