hallingbury, need bsc...

crosser

Featured Posts

ive just brought a boat moored in hallingbury marina but bsc has expired...  i dont live near the boat and need to move it to northampton...   does anyone know  who could do a bsc and work needed to pass so i can get the boat moved,,,,,,  thanks

27 minutes ago, crosser said:

ive just brought a boat moored in hallingbury marina but bsc has expired...  i dont live near the boat and need to move it to northampton...   does anyone know  who could do a bsc and work needed to pass so i can get the boat moved,,,,,,  thanks

Risking the moaners ( @PD1964 and @Jon johan )complaining about my Cut & Paste .....................

If you speak to C&RT they will allow you to move the boat with an expired BSS to a yard so you can do work  and get the BSS done.

C&RT will not normally withold the permission.

See (11)(b) from the 1995 Act of Parliament below ("standards" mean the BSS)

(10)Section 3 (Construction and equipment of vessels) of the Act of 1983 shall cease to have effect.

(11)

(a)The refusal or withdrawal by the Board of a relevant consent in respect of any vessel on the grounds that the vessel does not comply with the standards applicable to that vessel shall not preclude the movement or use of the vessel with the consent of the Board (which shall not be unreasonably withheld) and subject to such reasonable conditions (if any) as they may determine.

(b)Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (a) above, the Board shall not withhold their consent under this subsection to the movement or use of a vessel for the purpose of taking it to a place where it may be repaired or modified so as to comply with the standards applicable to it, or for the purpose of taking the vessel to be destroyed, unless such movement or use would give rise to the risk of obstruction or danger to navigation or to persons or property.

Edited by Alan de Enfield