Holly - Court Result

nine9feet

Featured Posts

I feel sorry for you people that sympathise with thieves " oh, it's the circumstances etc" absolute balderdash or something stronger.

I believe we should brand all thieves on the forehead with the letters T H I E F. Then at least in the future the honest and trusting people will know when they are dealing with a piece of low life.

I feel sorry for you people that sympathise with thieves " oh, it's the circumstances etc" absolute balderdash or something stronger.

I believe we should brand all thieves on the forehead with the letters T H I E F. Then at least in the future the honest and trusting people will know when they are dealing with a piece of low life.

Really, and what would you suggest their career options are, once you've left them with no means of rehabilitation? More crime, I think.

I think the thief should be made to repay the costs incurred by the victim.

If those costs have been covered by an insurance claim, then they should repaid to the insurance company otherwise our premiums will have to increase to cover it.

Maybe he should could do a couple of years serving the boating community by being made to work on canal restoration.

Maybe some of the proposed canal restoration projects could be started if we put some of the prisoners in this country to good use?

Really, and what would you suggest their career options are, once you've left them with no means of rehabilitation? More crime, I think.

Perhaps I'm too lenient and therefore wrong. Hang'em instead .

At least then there would be no chance of them re-offending. Rehabilitation - humbug. If criminals only got one chance there would be less crime. It will eradicate regular offenders and reduce a multitude of costs to the honest tax payer; housing & feeding them plus providing entertainment and tv's in each cell, gyms etc. etc

I think you're probably correct in raising the rehab problem. Thankyou

I think the thief should be made to repay the costs incurred by the victim.

If those costs have been covered by an insurance claim, then they should repaid to the insurance company otherwise our premiums will have to increase to cover it.

Maybe he should could do a couple of years serving the boating community by being made to work on canal restoration.

Maybe some of the proposed canal restoration projects could be started if we put some of the prisoners in this country to good use?

Billiant idea - bring back the chain gang (did we ever have chain gangs in this country), mind you I would bet a lot of peole in prison would jump at the chance of getting out for the day ??????

Perhaps I'm too lenient and therefore wrong. Hang'em instead .

At least then there would be no chance of them re-offending. Rehabilitation - humbug. If criminals only got one chance there would be less crime. It will eradicate regular offenders and reduce a multitude of costs to the honest tax payer; housing & feeding them plus providing entertainment and tv's in each cell, gyms etc. etc

I think you're probably correct in raising the rehab problem. Thankyou

:D

A solution.

Make the cons work in fields etc. all the jobs we won't do. If not they starve.

All the Polish etc. can then go home, as there's nowt for them to do here.

That will solve the housing shortage.

And the gridlock.

And the parking problems.

Save the country millions.

Deter petty crime.......as it's mainly done by the idle.

Next problem :D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Brandings too good for em I say, perhaps we could torture them first, maybe extend the branding to the rest of the family, hey, sterilise them then they can`t breed any more thieving little bastards, why stop at thieves, why not........................ seig heil sieg heil

Brandings too good for em I say, perhaps we could torture them first, maybe extend the branding to the rest of the family, hey, sterilise them then they can`t breed any more thieving little bastards, why stop at thieves, why not........................ seig heil sieg heil

Are you of Germanic extraction :D

Excuse me I never said that I was a sympathiser - god forbid - stealing is stealing - and yes DO I know what its like to be skint thankyou (you can have our overdraft anyday. And the credit cards etc etc :D ). I agree with the quote above - once someone is in the system theres hardly ever a way out - just more crime. And excuse me also but there has been plenty of people convicted who probably were'nt corpus mentis when they committed a crime even if they were by the time they reached court. None of us on this forum who were not directly involved have any right to judge - only the jury can do that and none of us were elected to it!! I feel for both parties involved here and more to the point I feel for the guys' family - I would be mortified if any of mine behaved like that. As for tattoing someones forehead, put to hard labour etc etc - come on people - we live in the free deomocratic liberated western world and its the 21st century!! There is much more serious crime and criminals out there that need sorting first!! His communted sentance is a way of giving him to chance to repair his life and his reputation - mcuh better way than locking him up - in any case I am totally against having to pay for the luxury life life that some lesser criminals lead in prision. As for the guy paying all monies back - did'nt he try to disappear in the first place because of the lack of it?

Rant over - and my apologies to any parties involved in this case if I have offended.

Edited by tillergirl

Aren't we overlooking the fact that this was only a business asset, a hire boat, not someone's personal liveaboard or cherished leisure boat. It's like stealing a rented car from Hertz compared with stealing someone's private car which they need. Okay not quite because boat hirers are small businesses but nevertheless, this is much less of a crime, morally, than if someone had had their own private boat taken.

regards

Steve

Woah, that's leftie talk.

One of the greatest things about this country is the rehabilitation of offenders act, so that someone can commit a crime, pay for it, and actually rejoin society unlike say certain parts of the US.

I'm not sure what punishment fits this particular crime, i liked the made to work on the canals bit, or maybe he should be forced to do middlewich's pumpouts for the next 5 years in his free time. But given that this was not a massive PLC or Tescos i'm not sure the sentence he got was enough. It doesn't really send out the best of messages does it?

Edited by fuzzyduck

Excuse me I never said that I was a sympathiser - god forbid - stealing is stealing - and yes DO I know what its like to be skint thankyou (you can have our overdraft anyday. And the credit cards etc etc :D ). I agree with the quote above - once someone is in the system theres hardly ever a way out - just more crime. And excuse me also but there has been plenty of people convicted who probably were'nt corpus mentis when they committed a crime

corpus mentis = dead mental (rough translation)

non compos mentis = not in control

Sorry tillergirl just felt a bit pedantic, must be time to have a glass or three.

Sorry tillergirl just felt a bit pedantic, must be time to have a glass or three.

Hey! That's my job.

But I've already had a glass or three and couldn't quite work out why it didn't sound right.

Time for another? :D

Where do you start with crime and punishment in this country today ?

So far this year there have been something like 19 teenagers shot dead in the street, and countless others beaten or stabbed. Mostly by other kids. IF anyone is ever brought to justice, the sentences will be so short as to be laughable.

Justice today seems to be more concerned with the easy targets, such as motorists, and smokers. God forbid that you try smoking whilst at the wheel !!

Of course you could be an old lady, and go to jail for not paying your council tax.

Sadly, we are now governed by hand wringing do gooders and statisticians. Discipline, and respect are no longer seen to be worthy qualities. Even if they were, who is able to enforce them. The police are too busy reaching targets, and schoolteachers have their hands tied by human rights policies and the threat of being accused of abuse.

I for one firmly believe that it won't be long before we start to see civil unrest in this country. The hard working, law abiding public are being taxed till it hurts to fund dirty hospitals, and raise a generation of illiterate delinquents. Then there is the tide of imigration, legal or otherwise, which is turning our cities into colonies of eastern europe. Housing demand far outstrips supply.

Until somebody wakes up, and we go back to good old fashioned morals and values, there is little hope of having a punishment which fits the crime.

Maybe we should all look to a set of guidelines produced centuries ago, one of which read :-

THOU SHALT NOT STEAL.