Battery operated nav lights?

tonyreptiles

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, LakinZ said:

I attached Attwood navigation light to the front rail of my pontoon boat. The starboard light quit and the wiring is bad, so I needed a quick fix for the fireworks display. A nice C-clamp makes these lights easy to mount and remove. I can even switch the lights between my canoe, rowboat, kayak, and Jon boat thanks to the handy C-clamp. No inconvenience occurs as batteries last for a decent amount of time.

What’s this total bollox? One of these computer replies?

Edited by PD1964

On 28/03/2021 at 21:32, ditchcrawler said:

Why not make a set up on a frame to sit on the roof with a lead plugged into a 12 volt socket

Why not buy emergency battery operated lights or some red and some green lightsticks. As others have said narrow boats are badly designed vis a vis  Colregs. I have proper nav lights port and std  but use them rarely, and in a tunnel I use a stern light to illuminate the rear steering area, the idea being to identify the  boat presence and type as best you can.

Worse case scenario  in case of a fatal accident inquiry your boat was visible in poor light or at night 

Edited by LadyG