Rplacement coolant over heat switch for Isuzu

Dave52

Featured Posts

Hi all, I'm new here so if this is in the wrong place I apologise.

The engine over heat switch on my narrowboat Isuzu engine has failed.  Online I have only been able to find a replacement from China with weeks of delay and a £40+ price tag.

Does anyone know where I could get a genuine, or non genuine, replacement here in the UK?

I 'believe' the part number is 8971256011, it operates at 105 c.

Many thanks if anyone can help.

7 minutes ago, Dave52 said:

Hi all, I'm new here so if this is in the wrong place I apologise.

The engine over heat switch on my narrowboat Isuzu engine has failed.  Online I have only been able to find a replacement from China with weeks of delay and a £40+ price tag.

Does anyone know where I could get a genuine, or non genuine, replacement here in the UK?

I 'believe' the part number is 8971256011, it operates at 105 c.

Many thanks if anyone can help.

I googled the part number and got all these.......

https://www.google.com/search?q=8971256011&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB920GB920&oq=8971256011&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Seems to be lots, its an Hitachi part I think.

14 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I googled the part number and got all these.......

https://www.google.com/search?q=8971256011&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB920GB920&oq=8971256011&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Seems to be lots, its an Hitachi part I think.

Thank you for trying.?  These are the ones I found too.  The first one, in the UK, is out of stock and not known if they will get more, the rest are either China, or the States.  There is a reasonably priced one in America though and I will contact them today to see what the delivery times and charges are but ideally I would have liked to have bought from the UK.

Thank you again for trying to help.

Dave

What engine model is this fitted in? You may get more luck looking at spares for the engine type than trying to match the part number of the sender itself. Alternatively, if you can measure the thread that it uses, then it should be possible to find a generic temperature switch that will fit and function correctly. This will require either thread gauges, or a vernier caliper to measure the thread size and pitch with enough accuracy. 

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies